4.26 performance

Has anyone already reported it as a bug? Unreal Engine Community

I have already sent three bugs now, enough for today, sorry.

Thanks!

Same here I have lost like 30 frames from all of my maps

The Legend of Red Fire Beta **(Early Access) **ES3.1 Overal slow down on all shaders the vorses case is default lit shader. 4.25.4 (35-55 FPS) 4.26.1 (23-45 FPS)

Screenshots from ue 4.25.4 and ue 4.26.1. fps drop about 15. New default lit shader now very heavy and as result many problems on android es3.1. Backed shadows
are too dark.

Hi, have you reported as bug? Unreal Engine Community

Yea i had read about the fps losses in 4.26 , so i gave it a try and came up from 4.25 and got about a 20 or so frames rate loss.

Is there a way to change and adjust the default lit shader?

Hello
what cvar we must use to go back to 4.25 framerate?

I use this setting for my VR project, and I have performance issue since update:

Thanks

RESOLVED : I had activated dx12 and with a 1080gtx in VR I loose 15fps.

Still seems like a bad engine implementation. In .25 you almost always gain frames when going to dx12. (On same card).

Hey thereā€¦
So, having the same performance issue, coming from 4.25 to 4.26.1 ā€¦at least in my case it helps to get the old performance back when I deactivate the ā€œlandscapesā€ for raytracing with ā€œr.RayTracing.Geometry.Landscape 0ā€

But strange thing is; I Create a new Landscape with a resolution of 4033,ā€¦ nothing inside but a directional light, only default mat appliedā€¦ when I just look around, performance is always at the maximum (even with r.RayTracing.Geometry.Landscape set to 1) ā€¦when I move with the cam in the viewport, the fps drop really hard (see screenshots)
Have Checked different RHI settings with no effect regarding the frame rate drop.

Got the latest nvidia drivers (461.72) running on a RTX2080super,
CPU is AMD 3900x
and 64 GB DDR4-3200 RAMā€¦
and some nice MP600 PCIe 4 ssdā€™s

Didnā€™t had these hard issues with 4.25, even with full raytracing on for landscapes (only thing there was, also a framerate drop when moving around but not so extreme like in 4.26, and the landscapes had complex (way tooooo complex) materials applied, I had to deactivate ā€œr.RayTracing.Geometry.Landscape.DetectTextureStreamingā€ so I could move around with high fps on large landscapes)

Not too dramatic on my end, since I use the UE for visualization so farā€¦ but wellā€¦ makes more fun with high FPS and way faster Movie Capturesā€¦
So still investigatingā€¦

itā€™s a VR project with forward rendering and I want min 90fps. I have a 1080gtx it could be different with another GPU,
benchmark dx12/1080gtx say you not always gain frames : How Much Does DX12 REALLY Improve Performance? | DirectX 12 vs DirectX 11 & OpenGL Vs Vulkan RedGamingTech

I did say Almost always. I usually use deferred, so youā€™d have to try in .25 with forward for a bench.

What resolution does vr run in now a days? Its supposedly 2 renders of whatever screensize the vr kit max native res supports.
To keep 90fps at 2k * 2 you need a miracle XD

By comparison there is a huge difference in performance between 4.0 and 4.26 so it can be assumed that over a course of improvements the performance scaling would increase.

yes I need test deferred + rhi dx12 with 4.26 but I not believe it.
This is our project still in development : https://strategia.io/projets/professā€¦e-simulator-vr

run at 3704x2056 90fps, no miracle just optimization everywhere :slight_smile:

One thing i noticed in 4.26 , is if i play in third person game mode with default mannequin , my fps jump up significantly . So in my case it may be something with my character and 4.26 dropping fps.

IF you don/t mind sharing, what were the numbers ? ;))

You mean fps ? Well it was like 50 fps with character and 120 fps with default mannequin. But my character is pretty complicated , though with same character in 4.25 , i was getting around 90 fps.

This 4.26 makes me want to forget Unreal.

wow,k ty!! :slight_smile:

Anyone knows whatā€™s causing this?