4.26 AR low FPS

I tried AR on the 4.26 and i got low 30 fps, but on the 4.25 i got stable 60 fps. Why on the 4.26 i got -50% of fps in AR?
Also, my apk on 4.26 is hudge 260 mb for mobile…
In AR we still have bad camera quality in AR:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve…camera-quality

3 Likes

The same in mobile VR. On the 4.25 FPS > 60 on the 4.26 FPS < 30. And bad work new dynamic shadow from mobile spot light with cascade shadow. The cascade shadow disappears.

Yeah this is my current big issue. I’ve upgraded my 4.23 project to 4.26 and this came up. Additionally I checked my project against the AR template that 4.26 comes with and there is no difference in settings -_-

Been waiting a while for all the 4.26 fixes but this is a really bothersome issue.

2 Likes

I’ve submitted a bug report as I think this is more widespread than I originally thought.

3 Likes

I’ve gone from 4.25 to 4.26 and can confirm I’m also having the same problems and others:

2 Likes

Just wanted to check if anyone has made progress with improving the framerate or whether Epic has responded to the bug report @Rolento? AR is not really useable at 30fps :frowning:

2 Likes

I have yet to hear back, so I am hoping the same as you.

For less mb APK file here is the new solution:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/android-development/1839316-4-26-android-package-apk-file-is-so-huge?p=1847222#post1847222
But Camera quality and low FPS in AR it’s really bad.

2 Likes

Have you tried setting ARSessionConfig - Frame Sync Mode - Sync Tick Without Camera Image instead of ARSessionConfig - Frame Sync Mode - Sync Tick With Camera Image in the ARSessionConfig file? This helped a lot on my end with perceived performance. Also as seen on another post when setting the MinSDKVersion to 21 my APK doesn’t seem to be much bigger than with 4.25. Image quality isn’t great indeed even when setting the video format correctly for the device, although it doesn’t look as bad on my end as it does on the cited post.

1 Like