4.25.4 Hotfix released

The 4.25.4 Hotfix is now live!

Feel free to discuss this release on the 4.25 forum thread.

If you experience a bug with the 4.25.4 Hotfix, please follow the How To Report a Bug Guide to report it on the UE4 Answerhub.

Fixed in 4.25.4

Fixed! UE-97208 Editor Analytic field IsLowDriveSpace is always reported as false.
Fixed! UE-96338 Custom built engine creates duplicate values for config arrays set in engine and modified by game
Fixed! UE-97255 Crash in ChangeBundleStateForPrimaryAssets()
Fixed! UE-95140 Array property of a User Defined Struct is corrupted when additional properties are added to the struct
Fixed! UE-96066 Duplicating BP actors reset edited Variables to Default Value if Variables name start with Chinese Character
Fixed! UE-96536 GitHub 7241 : Add option to write packed JSON files in JsonWriter
Fixed! UE-96653 Unique build environment frequently rebuilds all
Fixed! UE-97363 GitHub 7278 : Add toolchain info to rider
Fixed! UE-96677 GitHub 7255 : Use single path for project model
Fixed! UE-95243 GitHub 7148 : Update TargetRules.cs
Fixed! UE-99412 GitHub 7319 : Dev/system path macos
Fixed! UE-95332 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-CoreUObject!CastLogError(wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *) [Casts.cpp:10]
Fixed! UE-94713 [CrashReport]UE4Editor-CoreUObject!UObject::FindFunctionChecked(FName) [ScriptCore.cpp:1238]
Fixed! UE-89944 Collision does not work in packaged game regardless of native settings
Fixed! UE-95052 Error: FAsyncPackage::LoadImports for <some asset>: Skipping import PaperTileMap /Script/Paper2D.Default__PaperTileMapActor:RenderComponent.PaperTileMap_0, depends on missing native class
Fixed! UE-96105 Crash compiling a blueprint after changing a Text variable to String, while the Details panel are visible
Fixed!

UE-88894 PIE crash due to non-empty ULevel::DestroyedReplicatedStaticActors array

Fixed! UE-97911 Visual Studio 2019 projects will not load
Fixed! UE-97332 Android packages fail with: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”
Fixed! UE-97197 Development build targeting SDK 29 needs requestLegacyExternalStorage
Fixed! UE-96115 Issue with LLDB UE4DataFormatters for 2 byte chars
Fixed! UE-95871 Lost one of the output render targets on OpenGL platform
Fixed! UE-94444 If using High Quality Gaussian DoF on Mobile, the whole screen is always blurred
Fixed! UE-99691 Double quotes in SetupAndroid.bat may cause issues in paths
Fixed! UE-95791 Video track may not be created for Android network streams
Fixed! UE-95872 The postprocess sunshaft doesn’t work with the mobile tonemapperfilm
Fixed! UE-99794 Vignette looks darker on mobile than on desktop
Fixed! UE-100159 Using per-instance custom data causes crash on mobile devices
Fixed! UE-96259 The auto exposure is 2x brighter than expected on mobile LDR mode
Fixed! UE-96109 Vertex Colors on Blueprints not working in game
Fixed! UE-93603 Directx 12 RHI can run out of video memory on long process (anims import)
Fixed! UE-95015 [Crash Report] Assertion failed:

IsInRenderingThread() || IsInGameThread() || IsAsyncLoading() || GIsSavingPackage [File:D

:\Build++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Materials/MaterialInstanceSupport.h] [Line: 39]
Fixed! UE-97294 Editor crashes when calling “Begin Draw Canvas to Render Target” on Event Tick
Fixed! UE-94700 [CrashReport]UE4Editor-Engine!UMaterialExpressionTextureBase::GetSamplerTypeForTexture(unsigned char,float,terialSamplerType,UTexture const *,bool) [MaterialExpressions.cpp:1462]
Fixed! UE-89277 Assertion Failed when Launching a Game - GlobalShaderCache-SF_VULKAN_SM5.bin’ is missing
Fixed! UE-80884 [CrashReporter] UE4Editor-Engine!FMaterialResource::GetMaterialId() [MaterialShared.cpp:1251]
Fixed! UE-73090 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-Renderer!FMaterialShader::VerifyExpressionAndShaderMaps(FMaterialRenderProxy const *,FMaterial const &,FUniformExpressionCache const *) [ShaderBaseClasses.cpp:165]
Fixed! UE-96408 Scratch pads in emitter scripts don’t work correctly.
Fixed! UE-95922 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-Engine!FShaderCompilingManager::ProcessCompiledShaderMaps(TMap<int,FShaderMapFinalizeResults,FDefaultSetAllocator,TDefaultMapHashableKeyFuncs<int,FShaderMapFinalizeResults,0> > &,float) [ShaderCompiler.cpp:2316]
Fixed! UE-95359 Crash when attempting to add an Emitter to a System that has a > 0.0s warmup time
Fixed! UE-96455 Scratch pads scripts don’t work correctly with emitter inheritance.
Fixed!

UE-89244 check fails in FBatchingSPDI::DrawMesh() during Undo/Redo

Fixed! UE-88785 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-MetalRHI!FMetalRHIBuffer::FMetalRHIBuffer(unsigned int, unsigned int, ERHIResourceType) [MetalVertexBuffer.cpp:171]
Fixed! UE-76937 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::ReadSurfaceDataNoMSAARaw(FRHITexture *,FIntRect,TArray<unsigned char,FDefaultAllocator> &,FReadSurfaceDataFlags) [D3D11RenderTarget.cpp:639]
Fixed! UE-96481 Add Chunks button in asset audit tool does not function because of name compare problem
Fixed! UE-95714 Rhino color conversion is wrong
Fixed! UE-95590 Datasmith - imported PRT files are not in correct orientation
Fixed! UE-97003 Update standalone installer and Datasmith export plugin version to 4.25.4
Fixed! UE-95709 Wire color conversion is wrong
Fixed! UE-95594 Datasmith material instances created using Hex sRGB have wrong name
Fixed! UE-97401 Crashed at FMemStackBase::Alloc
Fixed! UE-94697 Crash when the Viewport size is set to a very high size
Fixed! UE-96867 Http Server drops client connections too easily
Fixed! UE-96866 Remote Control can’t access private properties that have AllowPrivateAccess
Fixed! UE-96347 Multisession Markers are not being properly sent over via concert
Fixed! UE-96864 Editor crashes when stopping WebControl server
Fixed! UE-97372 Multiuser and Incamera VFX workflow fixes
Fixed! UE-97375 ICVFX Incamera frame focus distance ignored
Fixed! UE-97482 nDisplay in sublevels crash

2 Likes

Cool, updating as we speak.

Very Cool Epic Games. Thank you.

After updating to this version my vehicle physics are completely broken… What has changed regarding physics or raycasting?

Physics broke? I was going to update but my game is physics driven. How would you roll back to a previous version of 4.25 if needed?

Did they fix the (SSR) issues that broke all reflections in editor / gamedev? It has been a huge issue with 4.25 release.

Its been in engine since 4.23. Been waiting a long time for a fix. Download any recently released UE4 game and turn anti aliasing to medium or lower, guaranteed it will flicker.

Wish they would fix the Ansel plugin, can only take a regular screenshot and everything else is broken in 4.25

UE4.25.4, if the folder name is Chinese, all actors in the folder cannot be called

Hello, can you roll back the version? Update to 4 keeps crashing

4.25.4 Update has broken every single material using the material layer system (which is supposed to be production ready now):
Before:

After:

EDIT: Actually, the real culprit seems to be the fact that default values for texture that are not overriden in material instances have all been reset to none:

Before, non-overriden Texture Parameter would default to the default texture asset value present in the source material function, but after this hotfix, the default is None instead of default value in the Texture Parameter.

EDIT 2:
Actually, it seems far worse than that. Unchecking any value override in any layered material instance will immediately reset it, instead of preserving the value. So a simple act of toggling the checkbox will immediately destroy your value.

This is actually very surprising, because this if first time in years I’ve seen so botched hotfix. Generally, each UE update was quite up to the standard. At least never breaking to this degree. This is first time I am encountering such a breaking issue, something I was used to on a monthly basis when using Autodesk products. So despite all the initial frustration, it’s honestly nice to see this being an exception rather than a rule :slight_smile:

Since updating to 4.25.4 my large projects take over one minute to save each time, but on 4.25.3 they took seconds. Anyone else have this? Can I go back to 4.25.3???

First time updating to a HF before you go to forums to check if its safe :wink:

Hi, what is with the sun actor, after the update sun freeze in skylight only the source is moving.

Ok guys, after experience my self, i worked out, by now you need to implement the update sun direction and the refresh material function together in your driving blueprint.

Today after reloading the project I first had to activate the landscape tool in order to see painted grass meshes. Prior to 4.25.4 these landscape painted layer meshes were loading without activation of the landscape tool. First time this happened.

terrible BUG all BP with Delay crash

Is

UE-96653 Unique build environment frequently rebuilds all

fixed in commit 1af546817886bf3ae6136d6f2c9829a66c5a6752?

By reading comments I am afraid trying the update at all. :slight_smile: Do you could handle all your problems simply with small changes?
@催眠的鱼: Still crashing?

You go it fixed? I use physics also.

@moody.by.name
Did you get improved project loading time or still waiting minues?

@TheFlow3k yeah.I did some simple tests.make out that In ChildBP,tick→delay Doesn’t work
Maybe the reason is path can not having Chinese characters