an one more thing… the Ambient Occlusion seems to be as funky as the GI.
I think baking the GI and the AO would be a good option.
But for some reason, I can’t figure out how to do that properly.
I just don’t know what the heck I am missing here!
- I just add sun and sky (also change the Samples per Pixel to 16)
- I assigned one material, just a grey clay material with zero reflections
- All objects are set to static and do have non overlapping uvws
- I add the PostProcess Volume and activated DX12 Rayt Tracing for GI + AO
- I make proper adjustments to the settings
- I hit Build Lighting only (Production Mode = I am assuming is better than High Quality_=?)
The Baking Process for this test scene file takes 30 seconds.
If I am going to assign materials with different texture maps, etc.
How can I mix it with the Baked GI and Baked AO?
And… is the baked AO saved with the Lightmap of the GI?
Or is the AO separate element?
ufff… kinda confusing. but would love to figure out how that stuff works if we are going to combine GI+AO baked plus Real Time Ray Tracing for Relfections + Translucency.
Or is this just not possible to do? :rolleyes: