4.21 SteamVR Motion Controller Material

I have a problem with the draw “SteamVR Motion Controller” option, in the editor I see the right material, but it gets not affected by light and in the build game the material is missing.
Is this a known bug, or did I miss something?

They are using an editor only method of creating the texture that is skipped in packaged builds, I have a pull request up on github fixing that.
You can find it here if you are using a source version and want to merge it in: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/5253

As for the material itself, it is part of the SteamVR plugins content folder and you can go edit it directly at will.

Hi, when I build a game for release in 4.24.3, the correct motion controller is visible but the material is the default material (grey checkers material) and not the correct one.
I looked in the plugin directory SteamVR Content as suggested above but there is no material besides M_Default_Device but even that is not shown in the final build.
Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I have the same problem.
Is there any solution for it? (using UE4.26.2)

The default material is unlit, you have to replace it with one with a lit shading model