[4.21] Proxy LOD generator producing black texture

I’m currently trying to use the proxy LOD tool to reduce some building meshes. It works perfectly for some models, but seemingly at random will start producing black albedo textures for certain meshes. Other meshes still work, and perhaps most confusingly, a mesh that worked at one time can suddenly stop working and will start producing black proxy models when re-merged. Even after restarting the editor, deleting the previous proxy mesh, etc.

I’ve found that after exporting and re-importing the mesh, the issue will not appear on the re-imported mesh. But obviously this isn’t a good solution. I’ve also tried tweaking essentially every setting in the proxy merge tool, to no result. Sometimes meshes will suddenly start turning black after being merged twice with the exact same settings. I’ve also noticed some meshes turn back, and start being perfectly fine again.

Here you can see the results for one building:

It’s not effected by lighting, the blackness is in the albedo itself

EDIT: It’s also not unresolved geometry, just to clarify. Changing the unresolved geometry color to red results in this: (Different building, but it’s the same for all of them)

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks

Was this ever resolved? Facing the same issue in UE 5.2.

Experiencing this same issue, did you ever find a solution?