[4.21] Landscape not part of global distancefield

Hi Antidamage,

I changed the landscape component size from the (failed) 31x31 quads (1x1 section) down to the lowest option of 7x7 quads.
Unfortunately it made no difference.

I also (as a test) deleted the landscape and created a new one with just a single component and 1 section. That also failed (no distance field).

I’m not sure what precisely the max size is before it gets culled. I created a flat plane and scaled it until it disappeared, I assume you need to make your components smaller than that. As a test, now that your components are smaller try scaling the actual landscape transforms until the component appears in the visualizer.

Thanks, but no success there either.

I progressively scaled down the landscape in DF viz mode to see if any DF appeared but it didn’t. There’s definitely something amiss, especially considering other posts saying it was fine in previous versions.
It wouldn’t surprise me if there was a ConsoleVariables.ini that needed to be added/ /removed/changed that QA-testing missed.

Anyway,
as a final test (if you have time) could you view this simple dropbox project:
(Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life) to confirm that you get a red ring ‘completely’ around the black sphere, and not only on the half overlapping the grey SM_Plane as I get in the screenshot?

(The red ring is the [DistToNearestSurface] output used in M_DistToNearestSurface).

Thanks!

No, changing these resolutions also do not solve the problem