Just upgraded to 4.20.2. I noticed I’m getting a “Can’t make APK without compiled .so” error when building an android package for the GO. It happens now with all my 4.20 projects. Can anyone confirm if its a 4.20.2 bug or something else on my end? Any suggestions how to fix this?
- tried de-installing 4.20.2 and reinstalling 4.20.2
- tried re-installing AndroidWorks over the existing AndroidWorks
- tested a 4.19 project - it still builds ok.
edit 2: I managed to get something working again;
- go to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Binaries\Android
- copy the .so and .target file
- go to your project \Unr\Binaries\Android
- paste these two files and rename them conform the error in the UE output log.
- change in project settings the packaging settings to Development. Un-tick ForDistribution.
At least I can get a build going again. Launching to the GO from the top menu bar fails though again with an error - this time it can’t find the UE4Game-Android-Shipping-armv7-es2.apk file
Strange thing is - the behavior is not consistent, I have one 4.20 project that isn’t affected. Its in Shipping & ForDistribution mode and it turns out, the project already has the .so and .target file in the correct project folder. I have no clue whats going on here…
Too bad - the project from edit 3 is now also not building anymore; clang++.exe: error: linker command failed with exit code 1…
- Deleted the NVPack directory altogether, rebooted and re-installed AndroidWorks form the UE directory - just the standard default setup.Seems to work again - crossing fingers…