4.20.2 - Can't make APK without compiled .so - for all 4.20 projects

Thanks for the update , I was able to get the “Sun Temple” to launch on my go. However when I am looking around geometry is flickering and disappearing and reappearing when I am looking. I am also experiencing little Red/Green/Blue reflective dots on everything in the scene. Do you happen to know what would be causing this?

Hello, same problem, after some tests and read this post, just disable the substance plugin and the problem disappeared, hope this could help to someone.

is there any fix for this atm?

updated to 4.20.3 yesterday and now the same error is back again when packaging the project for android ASTC (Oculus-GO).
Edit: tried a few things to get it working again;

1. delete NVPack directory
  2. re-install default AndroidWorks from Epic-directory.
  3. reboot - same error when building
  4. copy the .so and .target file (see my first post) - same error
  5. gradle-error -> run NVPACK/android-sdk-windows/tools/android.bat, click on “Deselect All”, update Extras/Android Support Repository
  6. reboot - same error.
  7. deleted the .so and .target -> same error
  8. from UE, launched the project on the GO -> works
  9. changed SDK Android version to 27 in project settings-Android
    Now it seems to work again. No idea if it was step 9, or another step/combination. Crossing fingers (again)…

getting the error after disabling either Oculus VR or Steam VR plugins before building an APK. 4.20.3,

i cant do anything now is there please any fix for this isue?

I am also have this issue.

I have tried it with UE 4.20.3, on both windows 10 and OS X.
I have tried referring to android/sdk/ndk/java/ant dependencies, both from copies installed by NVPack, as well as those that get installed with Android Studio.
I have tried using Android SDK version 19, 25, and 27.
I have tried disabling all plugins except for the OculusVR one
I have tried reinstalling UE

On both platforms (os x and windows), i get the same error:

“Can’t make APK without the compiled .so”

Is this still a nagging issue for people?

Hi
I tried this with UE 4.20.3 incl. binaryAndroidSDK of the Engine version. It works fine with my Oculus Go- I hope it helps someone :wink:

I have the same issue, and I’m wondering if it has something to do with the Visual Studio path

Hi. The way I solved this problem was just by eliminating the project and creating a new one, you can try that way. Hope
I hope that resolves yours

i used to have the same problem, fixed it by installing visual studio 2017 (had visual studio 2015 before) and then turned the project into a c++ project, then compiled project source, and i no longer get the .so error, hope this fixes your problem

I notice that the issue here has been resolved: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-63725)

And it seems to be in the 4.21 preview 4 release, has anyone tested that? Otherwise I can probably test in the next day or two.

So in my case it was switching OFF the SteamVR support in Plugins-Virtual Reality

Now if you have same problem, you just shoud move ur project to new version of UE$. I move my game from 4.20 to 4.24 without any problem and after update CodeWorks I have not any Erros in Output log.