4.18 VR mode (editor) loads up as black. Running game in vr works though

Hi there

Having an issue, I just went to edit a scene and the VR editor comes up blank/black. If I run a game preview it works fine. Tried restarting but no luck. Have recently updated to 4.18.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Windows 10
64 ram
1080 card

I have the same problem, any luck?

Have same PC specs as poster

Did anybody find a fix for this? I’m experiencing this issue in 4.25 and it’s driving me literally insane. I have no idea what to do.

I have created a new support ticket for this issue with a little bit more information here: Black screen upon VR Editor load - unusable. - XR Development - Unreal Engine Forums

Im still stuck with it, literally have no idea how to fix it other than making a new project but at some point that ends up having the same problem after I load it up with content / settings.

Only thing I can think of is its related to virtual production setups or particular content / plugins.

cheers

Great man, look I have not be able to get feeback or a soloution. but if its a essential for your project you could try copy over certain folders to a new project till you find out whats triggering the black overlay.

314634-

I have a same issue as uploaded picture, After done update engine 4.25 and some plugins.
are there all same view like me ?

I think what we are experiencing is different, we can’t see anything other than a thin line at the edges of the headset view, like as if there is a black card over the editor in Vr mode.