4.11 Released!

Wow so much cool new stuff to get stuck in with!!
Great job guys and girls!

**** what a huge update, this isn’t just a forum post, this is nearly a whole novel :wink: Anyways great work and congratulations on the release! Especially the new shaders and content examples for them are very helpful, so thanks for that.
Now i just wish i could see some more parts of Sparrow, it is always interesting to study AAA characters :cool:

Wow what an amazing update so much new stuff to learn and use!
Great job guys and girls!

so… if I download the release from github it clearly says

>Important: The Release branch has unintentionally been overwritten with code from the 4.11 Previews, and is not currently the latest and stable release. Please use Tags to grab the latest 4.10 release for our most stable version. This message will be removed when this matter has been resolved.

im just confused :B, can we use 4.11 :stuck_out_tongue: ?

[= ]
Hey this is . That note was removed from the ReadMe shortly after 4.11.0 released. If you reload the page you shouldn’t be seeing it anymore. The GitHub “Release” branch is safe to use for 4.11 now. Cheers
[/]

Can’t install 4.11.0, getting “Missing System Requirements .Windows 7 Service Pack 1(SP1)(RQ-002)”, but I am using windows 10.
Can any body help?
Thanks.

[=Alibarba;503628]
Can’t install 4.11.0, getting “Missing System Requirements .Windows 7 Service Pack 1(SP1)(RQ-002)”, but I am using windows 10.
Can any body help?
Thanks.
[/]

Usually if I am stuck with messages like these, it means your Window need to be updated - download all windows updates will usually solve it.

Thanks Epic for this fantastic update!

Best Regards

Great update Epic! Looking forward to playing around with all of these new tools.

Faster lightmass <3

Awesome release! <3

Can’t wait to get hacking with all the fixed and new features. Thanks Epic!

now i am pretty sure you are not humans !!!

anyway whoever you are, thanks from heart !

Splitscreen mode looks pretty messed up in standalone mode but works fine in pie? Coming from 4.9 - 4.11

I also get this error and then it crashes after a short period of time

Assertion failed: AllEnabledTickFunctions.Remove(TickFunction) == 1 [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\TickTaskManager.cpp] [Line: 811]

https://answers.unrealengine/questions/397286/splitscreen-broken-in-standalone-mode.html

After set show mouse cursor true,I can’t get the MouseX and MouseY value

I’m getting an error right on project start, cannot get into the editor at all.

Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) … Array.h, Line 785
Array index out of bounds:5 from an array of size 0

[=;503745]
I’m getting an error right on project start, cannot get into the editor at all.

Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) … Array.h, Line 785
Array index out of bounds:5 from an array of size 0
[/]

That is a common coding mistake on your side I believe.

Can any body help?
Thanks.

Checked all windows 10 updates, it is up to date, so not that causing my issue?

[=James2464;503747]
That is a common coding mistake on your side I believe.
[/]

Nah, it launches and cooks fine under 4.10 but not under 4.11 - actually figured out the cause, it was a blueprint with skeletal mesh component. The error came up in some engine code where it iterates through the bones. I simply deleted the BP, reimported the assets and copy+pasted all the blueprint nodes from my 4.10 version.

The render optimisations and the fps gain sound very attractive.

Do you have, or can you provide, a benchmark scene that runs on older versions and the new 4.11 to put numbers on the performance gain?
(render heavy elements like effect, foliage, shadows,…)

Updating a bulky project to the new performance improved 4.11 version is quite risky, time consuming and involves full re-testing.
We would like to get a feeling if the performance gain is significant enough for that.

it up and it out, amazing work guys!

Is FBX 2016 the official new way to transfer meshes to Unreal 4.11?