4.11 preview 7 Stereo Panoramic export works!

If anyone’s interested I’ve made some modifications to the plugin to enable saving out top/bottom images (just included the changes from the ninja theory post), take in post processing volumes, enable exposure adjustment, and only render certain actors to create masks. Not promising something super polished but if you want to check it out just send me a message.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Gforman
I’m interested too to see your plug in modified.
Thank you

I’m definitely interested @anonymous_user_eab40816! Please dm with the info. Thank you!

Hi
How do you guys use the SP.PanoramicMovie with a matinee? I tried to capture a small camera movement but all the resulted frames are the same from the same location
Thank you for your help.

Update : nevermind i found what i did wrong. thank you

Hey Everybody,

I just wanted to let you know that I figured out a way to get the images to stop coming out so dark without having to adjust any C++ code. If you input r.tonemapperfilm = 1 into the UE4 console and then use the following Post Processing settings you can get images to not be as dark.

• White Balance
  • Color Grading
  • Film
  • Scene Color
  • Global Illumination

Here is an image taken from Showdown that shows the difference enabling r.tonemapperfilm will have on the way the output images look.

If anyone’s interested I’ve made some modifications to the plugin to enable saving out top/bottom images (just included the changes from the ninja theory post), take in post processing volumes, enable exposure adjustment, and only render certain actors to create masks. Not promising something super polished but if you want to check it out just send me a message.
[/QUOTE]

I’m interested too. Thank you in advance! Could you make a tutorial, step by step to modify and rebuilt the plugin? I’m not a programmer and even if I modify the file like ninja theory say in his article, it doesnt’ work. I think I have to rebuilt the plugin but I dont know the way to do it.

hi, i solved problem with combined images and with post process effects, output result is not dark, and it is a jpeg format.

Hi Dammar91, can you tell us how you did, or offer some download of your edited files? Thanx.

Hi.
I tried this too, but can´t get the player with matinee ;( What did you choose as a function? How does matinee actor come up? If i want to choose it in blueprint, it cant find this name. ;-(Only level sequence player comes up. Thanx for help.

Hey guys,

This is awesome

I’ve also been using panoramas for presenting in mobile VR recently. I suggest you try https://theViewer.co
Its simple - import panos, link them with warps for full tours and share for viewing via the web, Android, iOS and GearVR apps.

Keep making cool designs!

is there anyway to produce monoscopic images instead of stereo with this plugin?

do i have to use a certain pawn for my project, I typed in the console to take a screenshot but nothing showed up in my folder?

Hello there, when I saw this thread, I downloaded the 4.11 preview 7 wanted to try by myself !!!
I still get some issue as you could see, in the top area there is a black line and cut in the bloom, I used improved quality and didn’t test another parameter for the moment.
[/QUOTE]

Hey,

I hope you dont mind I tried your pano in VR mode. Looks really awesome, shame it wasnt rendered for longer

View in VR here

Hi ,

Thanks you for your comment, no is not a problem for me you can use it.
Actually I didn’t take the time recently to work on 360 renderer.
I didn’t know “theViewer.co” that look great, it is easy to setup ? Normal is blurred ?

I can try to make a longest clip I already have a classic video made for this scene.

I dont like messing with the engines code. Did anyone create a plugin that automatically creates 1 top/bottom image. Right now I have to take the left and right image into photoshop and saving them out.

can we get a link to that Plugin .

Once you have ready 360, making a tour on theViewer takes like 5 min and depending on the resolution, it can be made to look pretty much photo realistic

Cool, I am impatient to make a test with that, also I was wondering with the support of Ancel from Nvidia inside Unreal if it’s more easy to capture 360° vidéo.

Someone already test it ?

I have a question. Once I have my photos rendered. What order do I set them for watching it on YouTube. I tried Right(top)Left(bottom) but when i view on youtube with the google cardboard, the two images dont line up, I can see two dots even with the phone is in the right spot within the cardboard. Im using the 360 metadatatool ,photoshop to combine the images,and rendering a mp4 with premier.

I got it to work but I cant figure out the correct EyeSeperation Setting. When I view my video in youtube the images are out of focus even when I adjust. I tried SP.EyeSeparation 6.4 but not sure what the right numbers are. Im using the RepublicMedia vr headset. I mean I can adjust the lens to a point where it feels right but it still focused. I close one eye and the image is fine and can read the text fine. Thanks in advance.

Nvidia Ansel is only able to capture photos, not videos.