[3O% OFF SALE] Survival Game Kit

Hey [USER=“15702”]Defuse Studios[/USER] thanks for the fast response on the marketplace comment I sent. I still get this weird error popping up, I was limited on text characters on your marketplace comment section and figured this is probably the best spot to ask you in detail about this update. Sorry I didn’t find this thread till now or I would have brought this up here.

When I told you I had an error popping up after migrating the update. I did what you said and removed the local content. I then ended up creating a new project and tried to migrate that to the one I been working in but still get the error. It says it moved 1000+ files but some did not relocate. Error log is not showing me at all what didn’t get moved so unsure if this is an Unreal bug or what.

I only been testing so far, so starting from scratch is not a huge ordeal but I also found something else out that I can’t at all pinpoint what happened to my setup. After this missing location, I also noticed when I go to PLAY and test my map, I can no longer pick up the AXE, I put one in my map that was working fine prior to the update but now it doesn’t show the E option or anything. To validate I went into your test map, it works fine in there but not on my working map. To really break it down and sort it out myself I completely moved away from my working folder, created a blank new project with your updated version but once again when I created a fresh map, placed an AXE in there, it won’t recognize it and doesn’t give me the E option to pick it up.

I went into your blueprints, all looks fine, the E option looks from what I remember like the one in the previous version so I can’t figure what happened. Can’t be the missing file error, because the newly fresh created project doesn’t pop up with that error, only when I migrate to my working project. I thought maybe it was a conflict with another asset, I recently also grabbed that Farming kit from the guy making JUST US but I omitted that from the test map on the issue and that ruled that one out, that project is only Survival Kit.

Its still great though lol. I just need my axe back…lol. I haven’t been working on this since the update, so nothing I done inside is any different from the previous version, kind of at a loss on any other route I can troubleshoot.

Sorry to nag you so much lately, I promise once I get the hang of this thing I will be just letting people know to get this, if you find a moment, PM is always open to you and I will try to find moments to check back during my work day to see if anyone else here is having similar issues.

@bringer0death Hey i sent you a PM

Thanks for the help [USER=“15702”]Defuse Studios[/USER] sorry for the nag when the situation was my doing lol. I got to remember no game development when you been up working all night. Anyways all is right now, back to normal. I will be sure to send people your way when I chat around the forums, definitely a great asset for all of us to have in the Vault

Hey [USER=“15702”]Defuse Studios[/USER] just as a heads up, I got a compile error with the BP_PlayerInventory_Component in Blueprints/Components after updating the version you sent out today. Appears its missing an actor, unsure what actor in the BP is supposed to be there so you might want to look at it. Here is a screenshot of it:

Hey

I just took a look at all the versions clean downloaded from the store and theres no issue for me, Try Remove local content for the asset on the launcher and redownloading. I know there are some issues with the launchers update system.

Thanks [USER=“15702”]Defuse Studios[/USER] I will try that out

No go [USER=“15702”]Defuse Studios[/USER] still coming up with the same error. I deleted local content, and i still get the PlayerInventory_Component missing actor in the same area of the BP. What actor is that supposed to tie to or was it meant to have no class listed?

Update buddy, its working now. Don’t ask me but I had to remove local content a third time, then I migrated it again and this time its fine. Unreal must be having issues maybe? Not sure, very odd because I haven’t changed how I migrated it in each attempt but it took this time.

Yeah they have been having problems for a while now with strange issues like that. Glad you got it working.

[USER=“15702”]Defuse Studios[/USER] all honesty, probably might be something with the house here, we had a lot of pop up storms here in Florida and I actually had my pc crash earlier. Having some issues with other programs so maybe my network or something is messing up with our router, maybe it hiccupped on the download, unsure…very buggy today lol. No worries though, its working back to normal now.

I did want to ask you this, I infused an addition to your playercharacter third person BP so I could integrate my choppable trees I been creating. I got that working but I can’t seem to find anywhere online how I might be able to tie the action of hitting the tree to only work when the player has the axe in his hand. The BP nodes I added in work fine but it will chop whether I have an axe in the hand or nothing in hand. Kind of looks like the robot is doing Jedi mind tricks to kill the trees lol. You know any nodes or touches I could place in there to activate such a command? I have the tree chopping action happening when player is around a distance of 150 with a trace channel, so it only activates when near the tree on left mouse button. Figured you may know, must be some form of integrating that action between your system and the action. If you know great, if not no worries, its an expansion I trying with it and I am sure I will find a work around eventually.

Oh, I am using my own models and Interactive Tree Creator in unison with yours. Mainly because I am able to take some models I have and build through that, its kind of like a variant of speed tree with a bunch of interactive options. The BP on that one though is a little tight shipped so its hard to tell where the triggers maybe. Figured maybe in player character is an answer for chop on action

Anyways like always, appreciate the help…getting to a stage now I think I am ready to dive in and begin fully developing a world, enough mechanics learned to go forward.

@bringer0death Hey, so you could try getting the held actor on the master character then do a cast to BP_Axe if the cast works then you know the axe is in the players hands and if it fails then you know its not.

I will try that out [USER=“15702”]Defuse Studios[/USER] , I actually remember seeing someone saying do a cast to obj like that before but makes more sense in the master character which is an area I haven’t been looking into yet. I appreciate that, might just do the trick.

Greetings Defuse Studios :slight_smile:

A bug in the save system:
If on weapon set parts, throw it drop, save the game, then load the game, the details on it will not.

A bug in the inventory:
If on weapon set parts, then remove them, then in the inventory will constantly add weight.

Maybe all of the save system moved to a separate component, creat two main functions - save all game and load all game?

@ZhekA1987 Hey

Thanks for letting me know i will take a look.

Patch Notes 1.1

https://defusestudios.com/survival-g…t-patch-notes/

Bugs confirmed or need more information?
What about the save system?
Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hey

That update was submitted before i was aware of the issues, i will look in to those issues and get a fix out next patch.

New Video

Attachments

Will there be a level/skill/stat system in the future like in ARK for example? Also is it possible to make the windows independent like in the survival inventory? Just to get it a way more RPG like. Thanks!

Thanks. :slight_smile:

And what else is planned to add to this asset?
I would like more features from follaut4, for example, repair of weapons \ armor and for that we need the details, such as steel, aluminum, gears and so on.
About the trading system and the system of money, I already wrote above. :slight_smile:

Thanks. :slight_smile: