3D text moves when Building / Rendering

Hi all!
I’m an Unreal noob, coming from a motion graphics background (After Effects) with just enough 3D exp to get myself in trouble. This is my first unreal project, and I’m struggled with and finally managed to get my 3D Text to curve (Imgur: The magic of the Internet)
I’ve been able to achieve this by moving the individual characters via their static mesh components (Imgur: The magic of the Internet), but every time I go to build or export the scene, the letters jump back (Imgur: The magic of the Internet) and all my position transforms are lost.
This is incredibly frustrating, and I know it’s probably something simple, or maybe intrinsic in the way Unreal works?
I appreciate any and all insight this great community can provide.
For reference, I’m on Mac OS 12.6.3, Unreal 5.2.0

Hey there @PixelSpaceMedia! Welcome to the community! Sounds like the position keys aren’t being set in the sequence. If all you need is to make the text follow a curve in the sequence, this tutorial might give a bit of insight:

Disclaimer: One or more of these links are unaffiliated with Epic Games. Epic Games is not liable for anything that may occur outside of this Unreal Engine domain. Please exercise your best judgment when following links outside of the forums.