3D cursor for OR 3d UMG

Is there any update on this? Even with that latest workaround you can’t actually get anything of the widget interaction, like a mouse over effect defined in the widget.

Hello,

I went ahead and double checked on this issue for you. It appears that the status for this feature has not yet been updated to fixed. However, I will be sure to bump up the community interest for this issue.

Make it a great day

Yes Please! :slight_smile: It’s really a significant missing piece.

@Stormwind - I’d love to get my hands on your GazeInput plugin, and even help develop it :slight_smile:

Hey @getnamo, that looks really cool! Did you use the Web Browser Widget, and if so, how hard were your scrolling hacks? Was it a matter of translating the Leap Motion’s gestures into something that the browser understood? And was there an easy way to scroll up and down on the browser with blueprints, or did this require C++? Thanks!

I used BLUI for web browsing. Did all my scrolling modifications in blueprint. For that build, the browser did not have momentum scrolling so it’s simply a matter of sending scroll up and down input events to the BLUI browser with the right multiplier.

BLUI is still my go to browser in UE4. It has more customization and doesn’t require an engine recompile to change C++ code with slightly larger binary size due to embedding full chromium in the project. There will be some edge cases for certain things (like pop up windows) depending on what you want to do with it.

@getnamo Is there any problem with BLUI maybe being developed for earlier versions of the engine? The reason why I ask is that the BLUI 3.1 was released about a year ago and for use with UE4.10. Is BLUI 3.1 the most recent version, and can it be used seamlessly with UE 4.12, or are there other components that need to be installed/added? I apologize for the slightly nooby questions. Btw great job with the Leap Motion Unreal Plugin, it’s awesome!

@getnamo Thanks! Would you recommend using BLUI for UE 4.12 as well, or is there a better scrollable web browser that you’d suggest to use today?