360 panorama capture blank

Hi I am using the Kite & Lighting package 360 panorama capture.

On earlier version of my project I was able to capture a 360 panorama screenshot without any issues. However it is now strangely producing a transparent PNG for each eye with nothing in it. Oddly enough each PNG image is still around the 9Mb mark and it takes over 1 minute to capture.

Running on 4.12.3 on Windows 10. Was originally a blueprint project, I created a new C++ project and moved my actors over there and seem to be getting the same issue.

I also did a test on another project and it does absolutely nothing when I run the command to render 360. Not attempt to take the screenshot at all.

I had this issue previously on the first 4.12 version but it was fixed on my other project in 4.12.1, seems to be broken again

Hi ZoltanJr,

Checking in 4.12.3 I didn’t have any issue rendering out a 360 screenshot in a basic scene. I don’t think anyone on our team has actually used this plugin before so there is likely something that I’m missing that you’ve set.

I used the information here for setting up and capturing: https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/capturing-stereoscopic-360-screenshots-videos-movies-unreal-engine-4

I was only using sg.outputdir [FilePathLocation] and sg.PanoramicScreenshot.

If this is project specific then I’m not sure I’ll be able to help. Also, keep in mind that this plugin is not being developed by Epic but by Kite and Lightning so any issues would probably be better reported to them directly with their changes. The plugin is still considered experimental in their development as well.

If you have clear repro steps that can help me see what the issue is, I can at the very least enter a ticket.

Thanks,

Tim

Thanks I made a fresh project entirely and it was also working on there and tested out another previously created project but it crashed on attempt so will do again tomorrow and get back to you. I thought it may have something to do with the plugins that I have enabled for daydream etc but that did not seem to affect it in a fresh project.

Aside from that I can’t think of anything that would make it do this in a running project at all. It seems very strange to have a 9mb image that is blank, im not even sure what could be taking up that space.

Hello Tim Hobson,

maybe you can help me. I’m trying to follow the information from the same link that you posted here (https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/capturing-stereoscopic-360-screenshots-videos-movies-unreal-engine-4).
First of all, i can’t set OutputDir. It just ignore this command: SP.OutputDir D:\ScreenCaptureImages. However i searched for this name “Left_00000.png” and i found in this folder “MyProject\Saved\StereoPanorama\2016.11.21-10.15.48” Left and Right 360° images. I tried to use slash and backslash for the path but it is still not working.

The UnrealEngine Version i am using is 4.12.5.

I am grateful for any answer.

Now i can change the directory for output. I had to turn off “Instanced Stereo” in Project Settings → Engine - Rendering → VR