Skylight underneath landscape bug report

I think I found a bug. Sky light stop doing it’s job underneath landscape set invisible.

Take a look at this: Imgur. What are you seeing is an interior partially underneath the landscape, you can see me editing the landscape and a neat division between above landscape and below landscape.

I’m experiencing this problem with the skylight set to movable and with Distance field ambient occlusion

In that gif you still have static lighting enabled though. Enable Force NoPrecomputed Lighting in World Settings > Build the lights one last time to get rid of existing lightmaps. Then see if it continues.

I am using a combination of static and dynamic light, I baked my light a few minutes before creating the gif and the problem was still there

Well it may or may not be a bug, i’ll leave that to Epic staff as i havent been able to use DFAO for quite a while. But, it really isn’t good practice to use DFAO with static lighting.

I didn’t know that, how come ?

Hi marcomaryred -

This is a known issue with DFAO and Landscapes. We are currently tracking the issue as UE-17667. There is a work around that can help. If you enter the console variable, r.AOGloablDistanceField 0 your skylight should work as expected again.

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum

thank you !