2019 Spring #ue4jam: Marketplace Takeover - May 2-7 - Theme: The Other Side of the Coin

I’ve asked the exact same question. And it means you can’t use the default wall/floor material.

I’ve missed it, thanks for the answer ^^.

Quixel Megascans quit the Jam?

It looks like they have…

I have a question. Do fonts count against scoring? So if I use a font that was not created during the jam would that count against me?

This is on the jams page

"List any content that was created before the jam that was included in the final submission.

• This DOES NOT affect your score for this jam! "

So fonts are fine.

but they really should revise that rule, since technically a person could have already made a full game over the course of a few years and if it happens to match the theme they could submit it fair and square.

So, when does it begin?

2pm CST today.

I’m wanting clarification. Do they mean UE4 default material or that we have to change materials on assets from the MP?

It is just talking about the UE4 default material

Does anybody know when Assembla will contact the teams? Is it after the jam starts?

Can’t wait to see what the theme will be :slight_smile:

I KNOW!!! I am so excited, never entered a game jam before, but it I am hyped!

Remember jammers - You need to upload your entry completely and then enter it to , I lost out last time after many sleepless nights when it was still uploading (and completed) as the timer finished.

Don’t be like me and waste all your time and effort. Its the worst feeling in the world. UPLOAD WITH TIME TO SPARE.
x

“Other Side of the Coin”… I’m slightly confused by this theme

iv mist it. so is this a theme?

Yes. They gave us a really hard one.

I missed the announcement, so that’s the theme? other side of the coin? Can’t seem to find more info from today’s announcement. This be my first jam and I goes at it alones. Oh but I’m ever so excited!

lol I are smart! I scrolled right past it haha! Im on it like vomit

Do we have to list every single asset we used (e.g. M_Rock, BP_Tree) or can we just list the marketplace packs we used?