2018 Summer #ue4jam - August 16-21 - THEME: WELL THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY

i can’t join please help.
SummerGameJam-PizzaScooter by waltimol my game link

90% uploaded. It’s gonna be so close…

Got it submitted with two minutes to spare! Phew…

I was 4 minutes too slow… all that work… for nothing.

We started uploading before 3, but it took too long so the submission closed. Is there any way we can still submit our game?
Edit: The link to the game:

Plz. I was two minutes too late

I was on time and did everything right but I don’t see my game
If someone could clarify if it worked that would be super helpfull

Requesting to consider our submission for this Game Jam.
The build was 7 minutes late(files dates) but it took nearly 2 hours to upload on my mobile internet :frowning:

Anyway, here’s the submission: Road Rage by pminiszewski

I’m in somewhat the same boat; we submitted my game several hours before 3; and then someone else tested it from our itch entry and commented that it crashes on startup. So for some reason the package is broken on other computers. I can start the package version of the app on my computer fine (no matter what package settings I’ve tried). No errors during building.

But when I copy it to another machine; the app refused to launch, and the log shows no helpful information at all beyond a access violation. I can’t seem to get a working “package” and so I’m just a bit annoyed that the error seems to be something that unreal 4.20.1 is causing apparently…

If I do manage to get it packaged correctly; can I please upload a fixed version… My kids and I worked hard on this game over the weekend and this was our first Game & gamejam…

Nathanael A.
P.S. Working link: http://nativescript.rocks/UE4JAM/IceWalker11.zip

Made a spreadsheet for Allar’s playthrough: Allar's 2018 Summer #ue4jam Playthroughs - Google Sheets

We forgot to name our zip file the correct way. Is this a issue for us and can we get some extra time to fix it? Or is it fine?

The game: Neon Climbers by Nangi, lidin, kaos.carro, Gast, Pigmassacre

Wow! Thank you, great work!

Today will close the voting period and we want to wish you good luck! Learn is a winning price by itself and that’s what we get at 0.00n Studio from our experience:

• Taking a break is part of our job.
  • Working with high quality assets can be more painful than profitable.
  • Self-confidence is mandatory in game development.
  • Building a game is like crossing the ocean while building the boat.
  • Rules, laws, copyrights and trademarks are prerequisites from point 0.
  • “Just keep learning… just keep learning, learning, learning…”

See you on the 13th of September, GG ALL!!

https://000nstudio.wixsite.com/fallenminions

Will be the result of jam today or I something messed up?

We have not announced the winners yet, stay tuned for an announcement… about the announcement. :slight_smile:

Will an epic community manager rate the game jam entries, or will the game jam entries rated together with allar. Or how do rate epic the game jam entries.

“The Summer #ue4jam will feature a Grand Prize raffle, plus additional prizes for the finalist teams and special category winners. We judge submissions for their visual aesthetic, unique use of the theme, and gameplay on a 1-5 point scale. The top 3 teams will be declared our finalists.”

“The “Allar Dallar” category award will go to the game that both Allar and his community of twitch viewers were entertained by the most This doesn’t mean the “best” game or most fun, but simply the most entertaining.”

Nothing to do with dallar or community rate except for Allar’s award :wink:

Where are the results??

Should be September 13th during the livestream

When is the live stream going to be? Wasn’t it supposed to be on the 13th?