1/18/2021: ARK Dev Kit v321.1 is now available on the Epic Launcher

Steam Community is down!

Where can we "add an additional “Uncategorized” (always loaded) sublevel " ?

With that being said how do we also override an existing sublevel???

so how do we get the updated dev kit?

(snip) I need to shut up until I learn more.

Weird editor behavior when it slows down! Haven’t seen that kind of thing since the 1990’s :smiley:

So no elevator func yet? :frowning:

Everything else seems fine.

the elevator function is just called “Activate” :smiley:

Good luck with that.

? Did you actually have a look at the nodes? Im not messing with you here, the new function you are looking for is called “Activate”, it takes a elevator reference as input and you can set the direction of the elevator!
You could also use the new “Try MultiUse” node to trigger it through use index.

Oh snap! I just saw it was under the helper section and assumed (dumb thing to do with ADK) it was for something totally different.

Thanks for making me look again!

Now the real question, how do you make the platform stop after you activated it?

Is it as simple as setting is activated to false? I know setting the bool to true doesnt move the platform.

Ok so using the Epic games launcher to get the dev kit. How do I go about updating the dev kit.
Edit Its showing ver 224.5 as of 12/27/15.

The Launcher will tell you when an update is available.

The DevKit will not update through the launcher to v228.2 until the content is released(as stated they’re waiting for the event to finish). Manually updating to 228.2 to get the Map Extension mod ability can be done through the GitHub mentioned in the original post.

-WM

Any chance

Will be editable soon?

No matter where I put the script it always says the variable “for set” is out of scope

Thank you much. Sorry I did not see that. So the launcher will do all the updating and I just need to chillax and enjoy the fun haha.
Thank you again

It won’t automatically update, it will just tell you there’s one available when it’s been pushed out by EPIC.

-WM

so u will have to verify files for it to download once its up?? cause i wanted the files off Gethub but im not sure how to even download those myself

Open up “TheIslandSubmaps\TheIsland” and open the “Levels” Window, select “Create New…” then Save your new Level within TheIslandSubMap’s folder. To set its layers, Right-click on the new Level within the Levels Window, and choose Layer->Uncategorized, and save it.

Sadly that data is stored at a class level, not saved at an object-instance level, and as such can not effectively be modified :frowning:

Hey, just updated the GitHub devkit binaries. Will get them updated into the Epic Launcher soon. Here are the source files for the Pandora Isles ( http://steamcommunity./sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=584076324 )“Map Extension”, by the way, which shows you the file structure (the map goes in Maps\TheIslandSubmaps, while any custom assets go into your Mods\ModName folder):

Note that you can now include a PrimalGameData in your Map Extension “mod” just by having any “PrimalGameData” asset in your Mod’s subfolder. That includes if you want to use a custom PrimalGameData in your map extension. And remember, any custom assets referenced by your Map Extension must be in the Mods\ModName subfolder that you will be cooking your Map Extension with. A Map Extension can not reference assets used by other, separate mods!

Cheers and have fun!!! So close to next Mod Contest announcement now :wink:

will test now.

Texas Twister… maybe?