1/18/2021: ARK Dev Kit v321.1 is now available on the Epic Launcher

, that is what i downloaded, as well as the latest binaries. Once you open the primalgamedata it does that to those specific dinos, try it for yourself you will see what i mean. As for the compiler it works just fine.

Thank you ! I can confirm that newest files are compiling fine. Sorry about the mixup.

Hey , I’ve tried updating with the latest content, and Github, but no luck. Character keeps running in place. Any tips?

Thanks,

My pawn is also running in place but I did a test project and uploaded it with no auto-running in game. Looks like its something only in the editor for me.

@hogscraper

Did you happen to notice in your test project if the textures of e.g. Triobite are “missing”? Seeing as they don’t work for me in the editor.

v225.4 content and code is all updated onto the Epic Launcher now, should be good to go without issues now if you update and verify all in the launcher :slight_smile:

Cheers,

I am confused, the title says 224.6 but you saying v225.4 but I just updated on the launcher and the devv kit says 224.5. So which one am I suppose to be on?

Thanks for the effort ! All works well again!

salcarr, if you just verify via the Epic Games Launcher, you’ll have the right version. (224.5 in the ADK)

I have the 224.5, but if that is the right version why does the title say 224.6 and then saying 225.4 unless that was just an error on text? I just want to be sure I am on the right version lol

's infamous for typos, from the posts I’ve read of his here and on steam lol.

The version number in the DevKit doesn’t always change, technically the DevKit could be a 24.6 but minor revisions aren’t of that much consequence.

-WM

Any news when there will be v.226?

Is anyone else having issues with 224.5 cooking BASE_PrimalGameData_BP into a TC when it hasn’t been changed at all ? I don’t get the latest engrams cause its cooked the 224.5 version. I’ve verified my devkit on the launcher and redone my changes fresh but its still the same

That’s the entire point, and the drawback, of Total Conversions. They replace the files the clients/server uses.

The PrimalGameData’s in the DevKit don’t contain the content of the 226.3(Live clients) PrimalGameData’s so they will not show up. This is why core-data mods and TC’s especially need to be updated with DevKit updates… it’s also why people constantly ***** on steam when a TC locks out content when they don’t realise that modders have no say, sway or power to do anything. We’re at the mercy of Wildcard and their release schedule.

-WM

(Btw the next Worldwide ARK Dev Kit contest will be announced after the Alienware Contest concludes, so in about a week! This next one will be worldwide and will have different competition tracks for Total Conversion, Mod, and Maps respectively! So keep at it :slight_smile: )

[/QUOTE]

Cool, a new contest. When do we hear more about it? Are we allowed tp enter with the same mods as in the Alienware contest?

Hence the reason I stopped modding for this game.

malware detected in Ark-Dev-Kit-release\Engine\Plugins\Developer\BlankPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-BlankPlugin.dll found Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.gen!B!plock

Are the github files infected?

No new binaries needed? and great job with the update and new modding system cant wait to mess around with it

Probably using Windows Defender right? if so, there is your problem :wink:

, those example links you posted are not working.