User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [FREE] Foliage Starter Kit

Smile [FREE] Foliage Starter Kit

Hi!

Today I have a very special thread for you guys. I will give you a vegetation package for the > 4.7 with many meshes and advanced materials with various effects. Everything for free!!
    You can use them in your commercial and non-commercial projects. Just keep in mind that you shouldnt re-upload the package + dont use them in other engines.

>>>>>>>>>Download<<<<<<<<<

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Foliage Starter Kit is a package especially designed for the UE4. It will give you the ability to create awesome forest/parks/garden scenes with a great variation due to the different material parameters in the Material Instances.

That means that you can change the summer trees to winter or autumn trees with just changing a parameter in the Material Instance. Moreover you can modify the wind effects like the strength/variation and also the sway amount of the trees. You are also able to add snow and a variation colour which will change with the mesh position. Another feature is that the ground plants are interactive. So they will move/bend when the player walks over them.

All meshes are pretty low poly so that you can use them in a very large scale. Entire landscapes can be filled with them without great performance losses.

The package includes:

-46 Meshes...........................Grass, Flower, Bush, Trees (with LOD’s)
    -20 Textures
    -9 Master Materials.................Grass/Ground Plants, Tree, Landscape, Particle Material
    -1 Particle System..................Falling Leaves

All meshes are available as .blend files which will allow you to easily modify the assets. So you can directly jump into blender to change the appearance of the meshes (size, texture, LOD, collision,… actually you can change everything).

Meshes/Textures

The package includes 20 different textures (1st pic) and 46 different meshes (2nd pic):

Name:  pic5.jpg
Views: 136687
Size:  86.9 KB Name:  pic4.jpg
Views: 136328
Size:  63.4 KB

Effects

You can change/choose different effects in the Material Instances which can be found in the Child Material folder. The materials are split into 3 different categories with various effects:

Basic -> wind
    Advanced -> wind, variation,
    Pro -> wind, variation, snow, swaying, winter, autumn

Name:  pic1.jpg
Views: 136087
Size:  72.6 KB

Materials

The materials are split into Master Materials and Material Instances. In the Master Materials you can change nodes which will affect all the Material Instances. In the Material Instances you can change different textures and effects.
    All the changes will mainly happen in the Material Instances! Just modify the Master Materials when you know the basics of the material editor.
    The package includes 9 Master Materials and several Material Instances:

M_grass_basic
    M_grass_advanced
    M_grass_pro
    M_tree_basic
    M_tree_advanced
    M_tree_pro
    M_bark
    M_landscape
    M_leave_part

Videos

Attached Images Attached Images    

- When you have any questions, suggestions, problems, ... just post a reply to this thread and I will see what I can do.
    - I will update this package from time to time. This means that I will add new features, improve the meshes, add new meshes and textures,...
    - When you need an in-depth explanation of the materials, I can write/record a short tutorial/explanation.
    - When you find any mistakes or stuff that is missing, make sure to send me a message

Have fun with the package and I hope that it will help you with your project!

Name:  prev1.jpg
Views: 134358
Size:  182.9 KB Name:  prev2.jpg
Views: 134201
Size:  252.9 KB

Name:  prev3.jpg
Views: 137788
Size:  532.8 KB

When you have problems with getting the assets into your own project, make sure to take a look at this video

This will probably be useful for a lot of people that are new to the engine. Good job!

Will use it sometime What about some pinetrees?
    System
    ASUS G550JK - 12GB ram, Nvidia GeForce 850 2GB

ArtStation
    Artwork thread

woooooo thank you very much for this!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frequia View Post
    Will use it sometime What about some pinetrees?
    Yep, will add them in the future.

Currently I have planned to:
    -improve the trees (delete the old ones + add around 15-20 new ones)
    -improve the bushes
    -add more and better grass

Unfortunately it will take some time till I will post those updates, because currently I have no possibilities to create textures for those assets (atm we have around 30-60 cm of snow ) but assets in a higher quality are in progress.

Awesone, thanks for the contribution.

That is a big gift, exactly what i needed for my first Vegetations approach in UE4, thanks a bunch!!!

You're a hero fighter. If you claim that you still plan on updating this I cannot even wait to see what this pack will look like when its done! Cheers. And I wish I could +1 this. I've added this to the Free resources list in the content creation and given credit to you. Hope you don't mind!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by VeerWolf View Post
    You're a hero fighter. If you claim that you still plan on updating this I cannot even wait to see what this pack will look like when its done! Cheers. And I wish I could +1 this. I've added this to the Free resources list in the content creation and given credit to you. Hope you don't mind!
    Thx for adding it to the list
    My plan is to create a really high quality foliage pack for free -> but this will take some time

Unreal Engine Support
    Nice work, Fighter!

I can say I've used your previous assets often for testing when looking into foliage tool issues.
    Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
    UE4 Documentation
    Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |

I have 2 questions before i try this out:
    - does it work with 4.5?
    - how do you "refresh" the result in UE4 when changed something in Blender?

Can't imagine it wouldn't work with 4.5. At the most you may have to do some tweaking. 4.6 handles foliage a lot better though. As for refreshing assets - right click and reimport.

Quote Originally Posted by David Boura View Post
    I have 2 questions before i try this out:
    - does it work with 4.5?
    - how do you "refresh" the result in UE4 when changed something in Blender?
    -Unfortunately it just works with > 4.7 because of the foliage shading mode which was used in the material -> for a version before 4.7 you will have to reimport the meshes + set up new materials, but when you like I can upload a small package that will also work with the > 4.5
    -you just have to open the static mesh editor - asset - reimport - choose the file

Edit:
    @sanford8
    Yep, that's right

That's ok, i'm going to update UE4 very soon, thank you!

Thanks a lot, I really like the autumn/snow look of the trees and the grass!

Very impressive, will learn alot taking this apart. Thanks man

Supporter
    Wow Dude, thx for sharing this !!!

Veteran
    Hey Fighter, thanks for your contributions to the community - you're a freaking rock star.

Is this the same pack you were talking about putting up on the marketplace? At the very least, you might want to add a donate button - I'd be happy to donate for this, or toward Caede.

Thanks again!

Thank you very much for this, appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Is this the same pack you were talking about putting up on the marketplace? At the very least, you might want to add a donate button - I'd be happy to donate for this, or toward Caede.
    My main intention was to put this onto the marketplace for around 5-10$, but then I realised that the trees and bushes are not so pretty, so I thought that I will offer it for free to this awesome community!!

But keep in mind that I will send a marketplace submission today so that it probably gets on the marketplace for free -> it's easier to update + download. Vote for it when it gets on trello! (will post the link into this thread)

Name:  vote.jpg
Views: 131829
Size:  67.3 KB

That's pretty nice from you that you want to donate something, but as game development + this community is a big hobby for me, I dont need/want any money for the stuff that I do.

Wow super awesome share,a lot of people would find these very useful,a million thanks.That vid tutorial/explanation of how you went about making the materials would be much appreciated.eventually I'd like to be able to make my own custom meshes and have the same functionality of the materials you have.
    Last edited by p4ng1124; 02-23-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Thank you man! These assets are fantastic !

Mythic

Oh nice!!! Thanks fighter! These will come in handy for sure. Thanks for sharing!!
    [Free Community Project/Plugin] WIP Dynamic Ocean & Calendar Based Sky
    New Features:: Highly accurate sun/moon position, and lunar phase calculations built into the plugin (base class for the SkyDome blueprint)
    In Progress: Weather simulation w/ volumetric clouds

Thank you very much Fighter! Can't wait to test those in 4.7!

Quote Originally Posted by fighter5347 View Post
    My main intention was to put this onto the marketplace for around 5-10$, but then I realised that the trees and bushes are not so pretty, so I thought that I will offer it for free to this awesome community!!

But keep in mind that I will send a marketplace submission today so that it probably gets on the marketplace for free -> it's easier to update + download. Vote for it when it gets on trello! (will post the link into this thread)

Name:  vote.jpg
Views: 131829
Size:  67.3 KB

That's pretty nice from you that you want to donate something, but as game development + this community is a big hobby for me, I dont need/want any money for the stuff that I do.
    thanks. if you do put something on the marketplace that you wan to sell I will be shore to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by fighter5347 View Post
    Sadly I don't think they allow free assets into the Marketplace. HOWEVER, I believe the "Learn" tab is a whole different kettle of fish Go bug Chance about it :>
    KITATUS
    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Quote Originally Posted by KitatusStudios View Post
    Sadly I don't think they allow free assets into the Marketplace. HOWEVER, I believe the "Learn" tab is a whole different kettle of fish Go bug Chance about it :>
    There are already some free assets on the marketplace (berlin flat) + you can choose "free/for education/... in the price box

@ Mrdazza_460 Thx, let's see if I can get this free package onto the marketplace

Infiltrator
    Wow! This is pretty amazing! Thanks a lot fighter5347!

Wow, thank you very much for this free foliage kit. It's great that there are people who release content for free, and not like, look I made two trees in Speedtree, pay me 100$. I have one question though.

I will give you a vegetation package for the > 4.7 with many meshes and advanced materials with various effects.
    So this won't work in 4.7? Or you meant >= 4.7?

Thanks for another great pack!

Looks awesome! However, just as a point of reference for others:

When it says it needs 4.7 or above, it MEANS it. The project will crash if you load it in any lower engine versions.
    DO contact me with questions about Blueprint or other Unreal features! I don't bite! Or charge money! Just press that blue Skype button and fire away.

Project Culverin - Open Ended First Person Shooter

Infiltrator
    OMG!!! you're awesome. I'll try to learn a lot from it.
    Seriously, in this extremely competitive and money driven world, your act of sharing, really amazes me.
    Hope others (including me) can learn also from your generosity.
    Thanks

Awesome stuff, Philipp! Thanks a lot for sharing.

Infiltrator
    That's a **** nice package you did there.

Also, I really appreciate you taking the time to present what you did, with text & video. It will make it much more likely that people will use your stuff

very very nice!! Thx for sharing. You are amazing

This is seriously amazing. Thank you for uploading such a wonderful gift! Now, being as new to this as I am (which is seriously new), how exactly do I go about getting these into my editor? Probably a really simple answer but I've only been working with starter content until this point. Any advice or redirection would help immensely. Thanks again!

Patron
    Vielen Dank!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjaminlevi View Post
    This is seriously amazing. Thank you for uploading such a wonderful gift! Now, being as new to this as I am (which is seriously new), how exactly do I go about getting these into my editor? Probably a really simple answer but I've only been working with starter content until this point. Any advice or redirection would help immensely. Thanks again!
    Just download the package - unzip it - open the project - select one of the grass meshes - right click on it - migrate - choose your project - ok. Or you can also move all the folders to your own project -> but you will have to keep the folder structure!! Otherwise you will loose the references to the assets.

When you want to use the "pro" version of the materials, you will also have to copy the blueprint part of the character bp into your own char bp

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast