User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Asset: 'Showcase' Blueprint ( showcase your models with ease )

Free Asset: 'Showcase' Blueprint ( showcase your models with ease )

Hey guys, here is the set-up that I use when I test my PBR materials in Unreal.
    I know the default 'Starter Content' includes something like this, but it can't hurt to share this too!
    It works a little different; it has several different light-environments to choose from and a few easy to tweak settings.

Here is a quick video demonstrating how to install and use it. Enjoy

Note: I will keep adding features to this whenever I find more time. If you have any ideas, let me know!

Update:

Hey guys, new version is ready. I couldn't do a lot of work on it, but this should help a few people out I think. I've exposed a few more things you can tweak and also an option for a custom skybox. If you don't want a skybox at all you can turn down it's intensity and use a solid color( or both! )

Download it HERE

Last edited by Osman; 01-08-2015 at 10:52 PM.

RIP Marmoset.
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

Luminary
    Really nice and just what I was looking for.

Could you add a few out door HDR's?

great job Osman, and thank you for sharing that with us

Unreal Engine Support
    Nice work, Osman! Got my copy!

I agree with Tom on this one. No need to have that extra software around with something like this.

Tim
    Tim Hobson | Engine Support Technician | Epic Games
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
    Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles | Windows Event Viewer

Haha @ Tom

Glad you guys like it. I'll add a few outdoor HDR's Frankie

@ Tim, exactly, and I'm trying to keep this lightweight so that it's easy to drop into any project you have

Going to expose some more controls to tweak ( ao, fringe, vignette, LUT etc ) today

Is there a way to add this to launcher's library vault, like the marketplace "Animation Starter Pack"? that has the option to "Add to project".

Luminary
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    Haha @ Tom
    I'll add a few outdoor HDR's Frankie
    Excellent.

As a motivator if you up size it this would be a marketplace product that I would be willing to pay for.

If it had a “make it look good button” that if the current lighting rig is save to a new map wow one less thing to worry about.

Looks great for working on your materials, as well as presenting WIP shots.

Luminary
    Hay Osman though you might like to know that one can do a bit more than just make materials with your show case

Not to be a pest..mostly but a few matinee turn table options would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieV View Post
    Excellent.

As a motivator if you up size it this would be a marketplace product that I would be willing to pay for.

If it had a “make it look good button” that if the current lighting rig is save to a new map wow one less thing to worry about.
    I actually have a product in mind for release hopefully around Q1 2015

I would suggest you see:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post159283

and

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post159898

for further details.

p.s. I have also discussed this with Osman in private as a potential collaboration effort.
    Regards,
    Benjamin D. Smith

Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
    Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

hey Benjamin, you did contact me, I however declined the offer because like I said in the PM 'I want to keep this basic and free'.

Just wanted to point that out to reduce any confusion. This will stay free

Good luck with your asset, if you have any questions etc, post away!

edit:

New version is on the way, with some more controls for post-process effects and some other cool features.

hey Benjamin, you did contact me, I however declined the offer because like I said in the PM 'I want to keep this basic and free'.

Just wanted to point that out to reduce any confusion. This will stay free

Good luck with your asset, if you have any questions etc, post away!

edit:

New version is on the way, with some more controls for post-process effects and some other cool features.
    Hi Osman,
    Yes thank you for pointing that out. I thought it was not my place to speak for you, hence I left it open ended for you to complete + I said potential so no damage done

Updated the top post with a new version

"Hay Osman though you might like to know that one can do a bit more than just make materials with your show case" That's what I'm talking about. Hubba hubba. (FrankieV) Must be one of those Daz3d characters you're always talking about. Definitely gotta check that out.
    Last edited by breese45; 01-08-2015 at 11:43 PM.

Fantastic! I would love to see more post process options exposed. Especially LUT and grain. Matinee turn tables would be great. If you end up making this more complete you should consider making it more accessible to the community by releasing it for free on the Marketplace. Makes sense to me, since you are keeping it free.

Luminary
    Quote Originally Posted by joshezzell View Post
    Fantastic! I would love to see more post process options exposed. Especially LUT and grain. Matinee turn tables would be great. If you end up making this more complete you should consider making it more accessible to the community by releasing it for free on the Marketplace. Makes sense to me, since you are keeping it free.
    Second vote. It's simple yet easy to use and would be nice to be able to add itt to any project at any ttime

very very cool, thanks for this.

Samaritan
    This is very useful, I've added a bunch of HDR images I have from stock (studio setups and the like) but having it all in a simple blueprint with easy access to Post-Processing is great.

I've done a little modification and exposed camera controls, although Unreal's DOF settings still perplex me. At any rate, I've got some pretty decent results so far. Thanks for sharing!

Unreal Engine Support
    Hey Osman,

I have added this to my Test-bed and just wanted to say thanks for this great addition! It has really helped push my PBR materials further
    Andrew Hurley
    Engine Support Technician

Wiki Tutorials Page

Man this is so great. Now i can render all my models in UE4 for Portfolio and so on
    Thank you so much for that.

I have an Idea for improving:
    Like in Marmoset, that the User can rotate the Sky, not the model.
    Also an Depth of Field Function inside the Blueprint would be cool
    Great Work!
    Last edited by Gazu; 06-29-2015 at 02:34 PM.

Just a heads-up. When I un-rared the files, there was no folder named "Showcase". This is critical, as I created one in my project and named it differently, and everything broke. Once I rewatched the vid, I noticed that the folderName was not ShowcaseBP, or ShowcaseBP_0_2, but just Showcase. Anyone having any errors, just make sure to get the folder name right.

This is very cool. Can you explain what the format of the image needs to be for the Custom Skybox? I'm assuming an nvidia formatted cube map? If so, what are you using to create them?
    EDIT: Ok, so they're not literal cubemaps, but just LatLong hdr's. Why can I not drag my own into the custom slot? It just shows as red when I try, and my own won't work. What am I missing?

Many Thanks for this! Here's a quick test with some digital human data!

Andrew
    Last edited by 3dlight; 07-11-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Promoter
    @ Osman Many Thanks for sharing this...

Quote Originally Posted by 3dlight View Post
    Just a heads-up. When I un-rared the files, there was no folder named "Showcase". This is critical, as I created one in my project and named it differently, and everything broke. Once I rewatched the vid, I noticed that the folderName was not ShowcaseBP, or ShowcaseBP_0_2, but just Showcase. Anyone having any errors, just make sure to get the folder name right.
    Andrew
    Thanks for the advice...

Quote Originally Posted by 3dlight View Post
    Can you explain what the format of the image needs to be for the Custom Skybox? I'm assuming an nvidia formatted cube map? If so, what are you using to create them?
    EDIT: Ok, so they're not literal cubemaps, but just LatLong hdr's. Why can I not drag my own into the custom slot? It just shows as red when I try, and my own won't work. What am I missing?
    I had (successfully) imported my HDR ... which had been created using Renderding Unreal Engine 4 HDR Images method...
    Last edited by cadviz; 07-15-2015 at 05:05 AM.

Hi,
    your Blueprint is awesome! But I am missing the possiblity to rotate the HDRs in X and Y direction. Can you integrate this feature in your tool? Unfortunately I have not so many experiences with the Blueprint system. For this reason I cannot do this on my own.:-(

Best regards, Andreas

Promoter
    turntable + output to video in one button

Love this btw, become a real easy test enviro for my assets rather than loading my entire (bulky) project.

..This will stay free ..
    Very nice
    My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
    UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Infiltrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazu View Post
    Man this is so great. Now i can render all my models in UE4 for Portfolio and so on
    Thank you so much for that.

Great Work!
    I agree, thank you very much for this, it's truly appreciated, as much as I love Marmoset, it was beginning to hamper my ability to show true engine work. Once again THANK YOU!

~t

Just wanted to say "thank you" for your Showcase Blueprint. It helped me to better understand PBR workflow. I made some modifications to your Blueprint and I was able to rotate HDRI maps.

Recently, I've finished my Advanced Glass Material Pack and made this video (4K at 60FPS):

Thanks
    UE4 blog: www.michalorzelek.com/blog/ - Tutorials, free content and more!

Your link is dead.

Looks great keep it up
    yetanotherIndie
    ...not yet a company, but a Creative collective of developers!
    #UE4 Indie-game developer

Twitter: @yetanotherIndie

{#WeMakeGames}

Samaritan
    Plz Reupload Link is down

So i downloaded this and copied over the folder to my project's content folder but it's not being recognized in-editor.

When i try to drag/drop the assets from the folder into the content browser it says unrecognized file type.

Could it be a version issue? Which version is this compatible with?

Now I am being serious when I say this tool is a life saver... no I am not trolling I am 100% honest, and happy with this tool all I want to know is how much it costs, that way I will not need a site to show case my models and textures and sprites and audio and music.

Hello Osman, I just wanted to mentioned that your link is dead :'(

Samaritan
    Here is a link to all of Osman's files for this Blueprint showcase.

Download HERE

Here is a mirror as the original link is down and Jack M's Dropbox link won't last long (Dropbox automatically takes down popular links as it's not a file sharing service). I'll keep this link up forever basically, and it's behind a CDN (CloudFlare) so no issues handling the bandwidth:

Download: https://brandonwamboldt.ca/files/Osm...owcase_UE4.rar
    CrashGame (Working title for my survival/exploration game) - YouTube

So i got it working and it's definitely a time saver!

Is there any way to adjust/disable the blur applied to the HDRI maps?

I imported some 8K HDRI maps and they're all blurry - If i add an unbound Post Process volume and change the Depth of Field mode they become less blurry but still blurred.

Unreal Engine Developer
    Hey guys, sorry for the dead link. This was hosted a long time ago on my personal website and I haven't looked at my website in ages. The whole thing is down

It seems you guys found mirrors, but one of these days I'll make sure to get it up somewhere more official hopefully ( and polished with more features! ).

I'm glad you guys found uses for it!

@CharlestonS - could you let us know what you did to get it working? I followed the video, but I am getting the same issues you were in your earlier post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast