User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Community Tutorials for UE4

Last edited by MattD; 03-31-2014 at 02:43 PM. Reason: added wiki link

Bump, added Collision Tutorial

Great idea, I vote for a Sticky!
    KITATUS
    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

I got to vote for sticky too, Would be helpful for new members.
    VFX Artist
    Portfolio: Here

+1 for sticky -> When it probably get sticky, it would be good if this could be moved to the "Community Content, Tools and Tutorials" section so that it's in the right place

Here are 18 new videos (9 german and 9 english):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyfbinWLdAUwiStRx7Zil-O0OLzpIBB9l

Thanks I'll add those!

From now, i think tutorials needs dedicated forum section like in UDK since it's will probably grow very fast and very soon

bump, added Attach to Socket, Materials, Wind Effect, and Migrating Assets tutorials

Bump, added fire particle tutorial

Thank you man!
    And as an Austrian listener: Danke Alter!

Great stuff (particularly the attachement thing).

And of course:
    Vote for sticky!

Bump, added flickering light tutorial

Infiltrator

Thanks!!

This is extremely helpful, thanks so much!

Vote for sticker too!

+1 For sticky!

Thanks for the tuts! I also Vote for a sticky

Quote Originally Posted by Zamzamah View Post
    And as an Austrian listener: Danke Alter!
    Nice that there are also other Austrian developers around Kein Problem, mehr Tutorials werden dann noch folgen ^^

Samaritan
    Stick this!
    Give me something to believe in.

Very good idea, I second the stickypost

Hi everyone!

I went ahead and moved this to the tutorials thread and have set it to sticky. Have a great day!

Adam

It would be nice a tutorial on RPG talking about: AI, inventory, combat mode, elements of power between anything else useful and practical.
    Unreal Development Kit/Unreal Engine 4 User

"You're not getting what you want? Then calm, relax, push yourself a little more and wait for your moment to arrive, because everything has its time."

Infiltrator
    These are great, thanks to all involved in producing them.

Infiltrator
    Awesome sticky!!!

-Phil

I am not sure i follow, should we not be moving the tutorials over to the Wiki to ensure all of our tutorials are in one place?

Samaritan

I have created a two part tutorial covering destructible meshes, and a simple flashlight tutorial you can find on the main threads
    Last edited by Tesla; 03-25-2014 at 08:42 AM.

Luminary

hi vBalbio, I just had another look at your tutorial and noticed this line.

Set Scale to 100, It will set a 1m/1bu = 100uu/1m in conversion. If you want use "Select Objects" to filter what model will be exported. Let the others in the Default
    you shouldn't need to set the scale to 100 as 1 blender unit = 1 unreal unit already so there is no need to, just model at the size you want.

---- off topic ---
    note that 1 blender unity is 1m and 1 unreal unity is 1cm so you need to scale it to 100x factor. but lets keep it in the proper place to not spam here.
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?1298-Static-Mesh-from-Blender-to-UE4

Actually been personally searching for tuts and adding them to my playlist for UNREAL ENGINE 4.. Its messy as hell right now as I haven't had time to catalog them all to their various subjects but I believe I a ton of them i've found online. Will be trying to make some order out of the chaos this week sometime. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdXNDl5rq0oxsVYUzSRNjRUnrT_dR_Q8G

Quote Originally Posted by Doorstop View Post
    Actually been personally searching for tuts and adding them to my playlist for UNREAL ENGINE 4.. Its messy as hell right now as I haven't had time to catalog them all to their various subjects but I believe I a ton of them i've found online. Will be trying to make some order out of the chaos this week sometime. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdXNDl5rq0oxsVYUzSRNjRUnrT_dR_Q8G
    Thanks for sharing, very usefull playlist.

Not a problem.. I'll be instilling some order into that mess this coming week. Closer to mid week. However I will keep it updated as I find more youtube tuts.

Samaritan

Quote Originally Posted by Doorstop View Post
    Not a problem.. I'll be instilling some order into that mess this coming week. Closer to mid week. However I will keep it updated as I find more youtube tuts.
    Nice one Doorstop, keeps all the community connected!

Champion
    nice one Doorstop, better than this thread to be honest
    UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
    ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

well so many tuts are being made on youtube so I figured it would be easier to do it this way. This week like I said.. I'll make categories for them and start dumping them into their appropriate subjects to make it even easier for people to find what they want.

Patron
    first and foremost, something in the title to delineate languages? or grouped etc? most of these are in russian or german etc.. Are there english equivalents?

Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    first and foremost, something in the title to delineate languages? or grouped etc? most of these are in russian or german etc.. Are there english equivalents?
    He has done that (in those cases where equivalents where avaiable he has added both into the same line -> e.g all videos from metalgamestudios)

But yeah, it would be good if language sections could be added.

Thanks to everyone who contributed, and to those who follow - know that your time and help is appreciated!

I will be separating them via language so the Russian ones will be located specifically in their places.. Problem is I might need some help with title translations down the line we will see if thats the case. I think tomorrow I will be starting on the changes to the channel and perhaps wrap up on the weekend.. Time is limited for me this week due to work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast