Line trace hitting bounds of entire actor rather than components

I have a large terrain broken into tiles which are then contained in an Actor Blueprint all together. I am using a line trace method to place trees on this terrain - essentially moving a scene object randomly around above the terrain, firing a line trace downwards, and placing a tree where it hits the terrain.

This works perfectly for a single piece of the terrain mesh, but when I use it with the Actor BP containing all the tiles, the line trace no longer hits the terrain tiles, it hits the point representing the highest point of the entire terrain, essentially the bounding box of the Actor BP:

It’s going to really complicate things if I need to place my terrain tiles into the scene manually and individually - is there some way I can get a line trace for an actual geometry hit, rather than a bounding box hit?

Actually, I’m wrong, it doesn’t work with a single terrain tile either, it always hits the highest point of the geometry…

OK, nevermind!

This seems to be because of the collision bounds of the individual pieces of terrain. Using Convex Decomposition to create tighter collision meshes seems to be solving the problem.

What channel or object are you tracing for? For channel I’d suggest visibility unless you plan to have other objects. A custom collision channel with the terrain othervice.
Or you could trace for the terrain tile object.

Yes, I’m tracing visibility. Got it working now that I’ve made the collision meshes fit the actual mesh.

Thanks!