4.10.3 project crashes on startuyp

I’m getting a stack overflow error on startup, probably a bad shader as that’s what I was working on when it crashed the first time.

I’ve tried deleting the intermediate and saved directories both from my project and from %appdata%/Local/Unreal Engine - neither has helped.

I no longer get the crash info reporter for sending info to Epic. Instead I get a chance to use the visual studio debugger. If I choose not to, it just crashes normally and no reporter is shown.

What should I do now?

Oh yeah, here’s the last few lines from the output:

'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'D:\Unreal Engine\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-CollectionManager.dll'. Symbols loaded.'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'D:\Unreal Engine\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-SuperSearch.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'D:\Unreal Engine\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-SceneOutliner.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'D:\Unreal Engine\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-CrashTracker.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wintrust.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msasn1.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\crypt32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dnsapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rasadhlp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\FWPUCLNT.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The thread 0x64a8 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Unhandled exception at 0x00007FF9B2743F7E (nvwgf2umx.dll) in UE4Editor.exe: 0xC00000FD: Stack overflow (parameters: 0x0000000000000001, 0x00000083EF273FE8).

Yay for Dropbox, I jumped back to an older version of the map and shaders in question. Now it loads.

Is the reporter not showing a feature of having visual studio installed?

Hi Antidamage,
Has your problem resolved? If so can you share how you do it.
Recently my editor crashes every time i launch, just like how you describe in your previous post.

Try this, move your default startup maps into a temp folder, then launch the editor. Then after start try to load a different map, then check the log, and then try loading your default map again, then check log entries again.

Install the debug symbols and you should be able to see more. Are you using the forward renderer?