Is it possible to force the GPU to increase FPS, is there a command for that?

Is there a command that can be executed at the command console to force GPU processing?

My pc is GTX 1060 oc 6gb, intel i5, 12 ram and ssd

Hello TheSubZer0,

would you mind giving us more information, to explain what your problem is?
If you’re talking about the capping of the FPS, Unreal Engine defaults to twice your monitor refresh rate to cap the FPS. If so r.MaxFPS is probably what you’re looking for.

I have a serious performance problem I have some static meshes in a blueprint and they are attached as Hierarchical Static Mesh and even with a short disposal distance, even the meshes with the options: “remove degenerate activated” and with 8 LODs does not help, just some small static meshes and 1 point of light with 1600 radius are enough to easily drop the SPF from 60 to 30 and 20.

Yup, welcome to the world of optimization :slight_smile:

A very good rule of thumb is pay attention to what is in the viewport when the fps drops. By looking around you can start to find out which are is causing the problem. Then you start to suspect what’s wrong with that area.

What do you have in the scene in total? Just these meshes? Any landscape etc?

I tested in a clean world, without directional lights, fogs and post-processing volumes.

I already went in the settings and I set the minimum limit 60 fps and maximum 200, I checked the option of smooth frame rate and also the decoder for 59.96 fps NTFS

If it is a performance issue, there’s no switch for that.
You have to determine what the bottleneck is, try the stat commands to do that. Here’s an article on that: Stat Commands | Unreal Engine Documentation .
I’d recommend you start with UNIT, GPU and GAME and make some screenshots so we can determine as what is causing this issue. Alternatively you can use the dropdown menu on the top left of your Editor Viewport, then Stat and then use the appropriate buttons to toggle the commands.

I will share my render settings: https://github.com/moipum16/RenderUe4/blob/master/Rendering%20Backup%202020-02-11%20123527.ini

I would also recommend you move this question into the rendering section, as this is not a c++ topic specifically but more of a rendering / performance issues related question.

Overview

Thank you for the quick response, can you use the stat engine command, and show us only that overlay (i.e. close every other stat command overlay, top left dropdown menu in the editor viewport > stat > hide all, after that only activate stat engine).

My guess this is an issue caused by too many tris being rendered at once, and too many moveable lights.

Looking really quickly:

That’s a lot of lights. Are they all real-time shadow casting? You might need to either make them static or disable shadow casting on them. Lights are expensive, even on high-end machines

Your meshes are high poly, and they have a lot of materials. You probably want to look at reducing those meshes and look at how to make them more efficient. Remember that hierachial meshes can only be efficiently batched when they use a single material (and all instances which share that mesh use the same material)

There is no magic switch to improve FPS, you need to learn about everything that affects performance and optimise.

The shadows are already disabled and the blueprint is a pilotable vehicle so the lights are mobile :frowning: the only one that has shadows enabled is the point of light, but I’ll look for it, but I don’t remember having enabled real-time shadow casting.

If I place it stationary, I will have to compile the lighting, but in my case the blueprint will appear dynamically during the game and disappear.

Sorry but that’s the wrong one, I meant those commands: stat engine, stat rhi and stat lightrendering (you can find all of them inside the dropdown menu under the advanced submenu).
What’s important to know for us is the tri count, draw call count and lighting & shadow information.

What about all the lights in the world?

In fact the scifi assets are very heavy, even if I merge all of them that I use including merge material slots and physics data it still gets heavy.