[/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver]
     MaxClientRate=80000
     MaxInternetClientRate=80000

BaseGame.ini:

[/Script/Engine.GameNetworkManager]
 TotalNetBandwidth=600000
 MaxDynamicBandwidth=80000
 MinDynamicBandwidth=4000

But with just two players, the max data rate per connection seems to be 10,000B/s no matter what I set them to,
and variables stop replicating when the data rate excedes this value.

Having checked some values at runtime, all of the above variables have been read from the config files, also AGameNetworkManager::CalculatedNetSpeed() returns the correct value, in this case 80,000.

From furthur investigation, UPlayer::CurrentNetSpeed seems to always be at 10,000, which I guess is where that number is coming from (I don’t know why CurrentNetSpeed is 10,000 though…), and I therefore also asume this to be the variable that ultimately limits the data rate for each player.

I can’t pretend to understand the whole system for determining the data rate cap, but I suspect UPlayer::CurrentNetSpeed is supposed to be set to the return value of AGameNetworkManager::CalculatedNetSpeed(), or something like that, so I think this could be a bug.

In any case, as a workaround, I am just manually setting UPlayer::CurrentNetSpeed to AGameNetworkManager::CalculatedNetSpeed(), which has the desired effect, even if it’s a bit hacky, but if this is a bug, I thought you might want to know about it.

Thanks,

Just realised I put 10,000KB/s in the title, when I meant either 10,000B/s or 10KB/s, so I’ve changed it.

Hello Jonwood,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We’re currently looking into why this is occurring as your setup seems similar to what we suggested to a user who was trying to set their bandwidth limit a few months back. I’ll be sure to let you know when we have more information and if we need anything else from you.

It seems that there are some extra settings that may be limiting this. While those values you have been setting will set the maximum that the server will allow the client to use, it seems that the client is also enforcing a limit on itself. You can find these settings in DefaultEngine.ini:

[/Script/Engine.Player]
ConfiguredInternetSpeed=10000
ConfiguredLanSpeed=15000

Please let me know if changing these values helps.

Hi ,
Thanks very much, that’s done the trick,

do you have any recommended values? for bandwidth, client rate and internet speed. Mainly for STEAM play.

There’s no real standard amount that I could provide. The amount needed will vary on how much of your game is being replicated and how much date needs to be sent. Your target framerate will affect it as well, especially if there are things that are being updated on tick and replicated. It would be best to experiment to figure out what amounts result in lag-free environment.