UE4 Editor flickers/goes black.

Hi there, so I’ve recently been experiencing this issue where UE4 4.25 seems to work fine for a good 10 minutes or so, then all of a sudden when I try to open the drop down menu on the event graph, it flickers that menu on and off and I can’t click on it. Additionally, whenever I minimize and maximise the screen again, it fully goes black and I have to minimize it to see it properly. When using the drop down menu on the minimized version, it goes black but remains there. I’ve tried streaming this to my friends via Discord but they have no idea what’s going on because they can see it on their side. I’ve tried recording it and here’s what happens: UE4 Dropdown bug - YouTube
Can anyone help me please? I’ve tried several things such as changing from a Game Ready Nvidia Driver to a Studio Ready one (it temporarily worked), looking at my display settings in which the options were exactly what people had the solution for and reinstalling it.
I’m using a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 with an Intel Core i7-9750h CPU @ 2.6 GHz (12 CPUs), ~2.6GHz and 16GBs of RAM.

İ have the same problem after 2hrs . both on 4.25 and 4.26 . using RTX 2070 , İ79700k, 32gb ram…did you recently get the driver update frm Nvidia. Having seen you havng similar makes me think it is Nvidia problem cause it was not happening before . I have been using almost a year

İ have the same problem after 2hrs . both on 4.25 and 4.26 . using RTX 2070 , İ79700k, 32gb ram…did you recently get the driver update frm Nvidia. Having seen you havng similar makes me think it is Nvidia problem cause it was not happening before . I have been using almost a year

Same here! Rtx 2060 ue 4.25.4 since the installation of driver on December 2020.

Guys I think the only solution so far its get back to an older driver, in my case with the 457.09 was enough

yes , it is the official one, the best you can do is to make a clean installation , in that way the installer will clean the system from other drivers. I can confirm that this solution works perfectly for me , I didnt have any more problem with ue4 .

woov@Manoloon. thanl .457.09 seems quite back but if it work i dont care. maybe i will try 2 back first;
For installation the driver; do you just download the driver file frm Nvidia and go to the driver details in Device manager and click install and selected the downloaded file. I have used Geforce now …i dont want to screw it cause i have too many Unreal , Blender .

that was my last resort but i will try RTX 2070 and 2060 series are kinda of older Nvidia is not event manufacturing them they have the super versions and they more CUDA unit i believe; that is probably is causing overloaded GPU memory or smthng is definetly broken there :slight_smile:

thnks a lot . I will try tomorrow ; post it overhere

how do you do clean install, open in safe mode , remove driver then install again or just go to device manager under normal boot and do install driver; that will be great man thnk you so much

328531-captura-de-pantalla-2021-01-31-181640.jpg

the drivers gives you the option… just look when it ask you about express install or manual install… I think there is the check that you have to make.

weird… if you download the driver that is for your video card you shouldnt have any problem.

i did excatly the same did you select clean install where you marked as red i believe. i did the same but Geforce experience is not working . I will be working on Unreal longer tommorrow and will test if it works ok …i might be ok with that .

Nvidia control panel and everythng works ok but not Geforce

it gives error code #03 . i even redid ; did some search it might happen sometimes if some files are not removed during the clean install and i believe most people do it in SAFE mode and even use an application DDR but it sound a little complicated . i will test it a little but i like geforce too cause i can record videos or overlays …maybe to take it to some tech guy to fix it if i cant figure out

Yeah, I’ve been installing the recent Nvidia drivers and it happened recently when I was on the latest one. Ultimately think the Drivers are causing it because I can’t think of anything else really causing the black screens or flickering.

happy to hear that mate! have a great week!!

@Manoloon. thnk you so much and i finally managed to have everything working after some trials ;

• i first removed Geforce Experience from the Windows, Setting, Apprs and removed the Geforce Experience before i did the 457.09 installation .
  • right after that i did install 457.09 with Driver and Geforce install and custom install and clean install options.

Now happy ending :slight_smile: both UE4 works back awesome gain (tested for 4 hrs straight) and also Geforce Experience works too.
Seems like Windows was holding the info of Geforce Experince. so if you dont remove that it still install drivers and but Geforce might give Error 03 . Removing Geforce before everything was the key for me.
Thnks . I hope both Nvidia and Unreal resolves that latest drivers issue but it looks like it is more Nvidia issue because it also effects some games as well. :))) Back to Unreal classes :slight_smile:

@Manoloon. thnk you so much and i finally managed to have everything working after some trials ;

• i first removed Geforce Experience from the Windows, Setting, Apprs and removed the Geforce Experience before i did the 457.09 installation .
  • right after that i did install 457.09 with Driver and Geforce install and custom install and clean install options.

Now happy ending :slight_smile: both UE4 works back awesome gain (tested for 4 hrs straight) and also Geforce Experience works too.
Seems like Windows was holding the info of Geforce Experince. so if you dont remove that it still install drivers and but Geforce might give Error 03 . Removing Geforce before everything was the key for me.
Thnks . I hope both Nvidia and Unreal resolves that latest drivers issue but it looks like it is more Nvidia issue because it also effects some games as well. :))) Back to Unreal classes :slight_smile:

i was using 4.26 and the fickering was happening after 2 hrs. So i had to roll back to November Update. It is an Nvidia and Unreal drivers conflict i believe. I also checked Nvidia Geforce Blog and it happened to some other people in some of the top notch games. They had to roll back to 2 previous update. When i rolled back to November , i use Unreal Engine and nothng happends . I would recommend to roll back but keep an eye Nvidia Update maybe the next or maybe a following update they may correct it or maybe Unreal staff can do us a favor to get it fixed somehowmay have got fixed . I am also wondering getting the Next Windows 10 version 20H2 optional update may fix it ; maybe Nvidia s DirectX 12 drivers are the problem…but i dont want to test it now to be honest