Download

zooming (need help)

There has to be a better way to bloody zoom in and out form a scene, using the mouse wheel is too **** slow and it just taking me too long to even get anywhere on the map to try to test sculpting on the terrain

Hold down right mouse and then WASD? That’s what I do. There is a camera speed slider at the top right hand of the viewport as well.

Or you can also do a right click at the place where you want to be (there must be an actor) - go here. Another way is to change the scroll speed: Mouse Zoom - UE4 AnswerHub :slight_smile:

But I mostly also do it the way which TheBritain suggested.

WASD + Wheelmouse. Or use the F key if there is something there you can select and focus on

what the heck is WASD?

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

Why even bother with this so-called short cut? Pushing the 4 buttons at 1 time isn’t really want I would call easy, and it’s just plain awkward to push them down all at the same time, it’s not easy and plain awkward pushing the W while still needing to hold the other 3 below it

smacks forehead against wall

Have you never played a first person game?

You hold right click and use the W A S D for navigation.

W = Forward
AD = Strafe
S = Back

It’s a super fast way to navigate around.

Not sure if serious…

Standard QWERTY keyboard, I am assuming you don’t have one (AZERTY is ZQSD+Wheelmouse if you change your keybindings) or have never played an FPS/TPS/MMO/Many other genres in the last 20 years

xutCoaJ.jpg

thanks for all the replays… and I was unaware Unreal had a place for Q&A, so I’ll check that place out for more noob questions

I don’t even play PC games, all my gaming happens on PS3/4, Wii U, Vita and 3ds

They are starting to color code those keys?