Zoom out further than -12 in blueprint editor

I know I can zoom in beyond 1:1 by holding ctrl while scrolling. I think it would make sense to do the same thing while zooming out to see more of the Blueprint. Sometimes when I take time to organize my blueprints it can be a hassle to drag around the viewport in zoom stage -12.
Not a high priority for me but something that would be nice to have.

I second this. Zoom stage-12 can be limiting for large blueprints. Even materials actually.

You can customise the engine to add additional Zoom levels by editing SNodePanel.cpp, and modifying the FFixedZoomLevelsContainer.

That being said, a blueprint or material that gets that large is probably overdue some cleanup, or better use of functions and subgraphs.

2 Likes

nah they should add a drop down for all the comment boxes so if you had alot of comment box organized code that went off the screen and one got thrown accidentily way down where nobody would scroll to then you could at least see it on a list even for well managed code

sort of hackish way to do that is to put “cbx:” as part of the comment box title then you can search for “cbx” and get a nice pointer to all of your code from the search results

1 Like

Would I have to recompile the engine from source for this?

I modified ZoomLevels.Reserve to 26 and added 6 more zoom levels for ■■■■■ and giggles but I don’t see it updated in my blueprint graphs. It still stops zooming out at -12

Anything else I need to mess with? UE 4.26 btw

Yes you would have to compile the engine from source code