Ziggy's Cosmic Adventures - VR Game - Releasing November 9th!

Hi all, the Stardust Collective team has finally wrapped production on Ziggy’s Cosmic Adventures, and we are releasing the game next week on November 9th! We are super excited to show the game to the world, this is our first release as a team!

The team got together during the summer GMTK game jam in 2020, and we’ve been hard at work on this project since then. It’s been a wild ride getting the game finished! We are bringing the game to PC VR via Steam to start, as well as Meta Quest 2 store on the same day, with future plans for PSVR2 and beyond!

We spent a lot of time getting the visuals and gameplay just how we wanted, using UE’s lighting and physics feature set to their fullest. The game was built with a mix of Blueprints and C++, and we built many custom editors to help improve our development. Definitely useful, and something we should have probably done more of!

I hope you enjoy the video!

7 Likes

Hi there @StardustCollective,

Hope you’re well and having a wonderful week so far!

Such a charming game. The dialogue and cute little creatures seem absolutely precious. What is the end game for the adventure?

The week is going good! Getting in last minute fixes before launch next week!

The goal is to make it to the end of the system with Ziggy, and escape the pursuing Empire, lead by the Empress. You visit various planets along your way, and depending on your choices and skill in gameplay, it can open up new routes to the end of the system, allowing you to visit other locations, which can unlock an alternate ending :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @StardustCollective ! Welcome to posting with us again!

I’m super thrilled to see a VR game like this with mine coming in soon! I’m certainly going to Wishlist this one. Everything from the mechanics to the funny lines said by our tablet companion are things I truly enjoy in a game. I also just can’t wait to swarm myself with a bunch of Ziggys!

However, now I’m pondering, what would you call a herd of Ziggy? :joy:

1 Like

EPIC!
<3

Oooh, multiple endings. Sounds genuinely fun. Will we be getting any more gameplay trailers in the future?

We aren’t making any trailers at the moment, since we are hard at work on our first big content update which will add difficulty options with meaningful gameplay changes for each difficulty mode. We may do another trailer once we update the game for Quest 3 though!

1 Like

We may do another trailer once we update the game for Quest 3 though!

I look forward to seeing it. Sending good luck to you and your team during this development time :slight_smile:

What challenges did the team face during the development of Ziggy’s Cosmic Adventures, and how were they overcome? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: