Youtube Copyright claims on gameplay videos with marketplace songs

I keep getting claims about copyright for songs i bought on the marketplace

• Copyrighted content: Time Moment Has Stopped
  • Claimed by: INgrooves

That is named Ursa Major Cluster in the package Space Journey

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/space-journey

And this is the original song:

And this is the latest one because i’ve had also a lot of claims for songs in these two packages:

These are the claims:

• Copyrighted content: Third Name (Original Mix)

• Claimed by: Kontor New Media Music

• Copyrighted content: I Hear You (Original Mix) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzgc9nqrSj4

• Copyrighted content: Chrome (Slow Mix)

That are inside Dream music vol 1 or 2 with the same names.

It’s not always easy to counter these claims also with Epic invoices and a video of the gameplay of the game. So, if one of our customers wants to post a video with one of these songs he would receive the same copyright claim and he can’t do anything.

Is it normal?

Hey there, Zerstoren

Thanks for bringing this up, let me run it by the teams and see what we can come up with. I am not sure what we can do, but we’ll look into it.

Thanks!

After speaking with the team, someone should be in touch with you by email regarding this issue! If you do not hear anything back, please let me know!

Thanks again for bringing this up.

Hi, and thanks to all marketplace team for the quick reply via email. Keep up the good work

Hi, I’ve been having the same issue with that company. My situation is I have permission from a music artist to use his song in my show as an outro song, and my audio video that I posted on YouTube got flagged by this company whom I’ve never heard of. I disputed their claim, but they still claim to be the owner of this song I have used when they are not.
I have reached out to the legal department at YouTube, and emailed the artist letting him know what has happened.
I then got an email from YouTube stating this company has basically buckled down on their claim, and youtube provided a contact email address from the above mentioned company. I just sent an email to the guy and am awaiting his response.
I was not expecting this at all, and frankly am surprised that an euro German company can lay claim to work that is not even their’s.

I googled this company and you guy’s forum popped up. Thought I’d reach out and ask how you navigated this. This company is definitely weird and acts like they own more than they really do.
Please advise, thank you.

Kind regards,

Lesley Sullivan