Hello! I don’t know what to do but this error keeps popping up for me. Even after deleting the “Bridge-Bifrost” file. Also everyone calls it Bitfrost but mine is written without the T.
I don’t know if that means anything but I felt like I had to mention it.
There are no other problems popping up for me, just that one with age and no there is no “Failed to restart background service” pop up either.
I’m freaking out because I have an assignment to do with Unreal but this started happening immediately when starting to work with Unreal Please help me. I genuinely do not know that to do. And for the record, I’m 21 and I worked with quixel bridge just fine on my laptop but on my pc now it’s a sudden problem… I don’t know why this is happening..
Welcome to the forums! And no worries, checking across the community, this is a know issue with Bridge, and has affected more than a few users, regardless of their real age. Also, your folder’s name is correct.
Now, since Bridge works as intended in your laptop, the problem is most likely tied to something in your PC. In the other cases, it was stale data from previous logins. Test with the following steps:
First, clear Bridge’s data, by closing UE, going to the AppData folder (usually at C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming), and clear up folders “Bridge” and “Bridge-Bifrost”
Next go to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine, locate your UE version’s folder, and open it’s “Saved” folder. Clear any entries related to webcache
Make sure you are using the very same account in your main PC, than the one you are working with in your laptop