You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space

You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created. i need to solve this problem

delete some messages to free up space?

I know that sounds sarcastic but I’m not sure what other advice could be offered :slight_smile:

Unless of course you havn’t used up all your space and getting that error?

Also check your Sent Messages folder and clear those out as well

In my opinion 100 messages are way too few for almost any forum.
I find myself having to delete messages quite often.

It would be great if the limit got increased to 1000+… there is no reason why not to anyway, pm’s don’t need any significant database space :rolleyes:

I’m not sure what you mean, if they were worried about what people would use messages for then they wouldn’t allow them at all

Any limit on PM’s or attachments is due to server space, not something like that. I wouldn’t consider the forum a platform for teams and project work

I’m guessing they set the limited based off that reasoning but probably never really considered how much storage space it was really taking up

Hey there, I’m talking with our web team about getting that raised again. It has to have a set limit (there’s no unlimited option), but I’ll see about making it something very large. At a certain point you will need to archive your messages though.

Yeah, they have it unlocked now. Tell me if it’s not 500 now.

It depends if you spend lot of time on forums or more time working on projects instead. There is many people making indie games or triple A games not present in forums.

Im vouching for this, about a month ago I had to clear my inbox due to it being full.
Yesterday my laywer asked me to gather any dm’s/pm’s/emails/etc of potential clients contacting me for work, due to the losses I made a few months ago when suffering a concussion (was attacked, long story, yada).
Sadly all that info got lost because I cleared my inbox.

This might result in a potential loss of a few hundred of not thousand-ish euro’s.

Granted, its my own mistake. I should have at least screenshotted any request for work I got, but well…