You.exe; a meta personality test

Imagine a digital personality test that learns your personality too well. Then it uses that knowledge against you.

I recently finished a collaborative project between myself and 5 content creators on YouTube. The project’s theme is about a game that reaches outside the computer and affects the player.

I made the game that analyzes and responds to the player based on their answers to questions. Each of the content creators then made Let’s Play style films where their characters become victims of the game.

There is also a public version of the game with less psychoanalysis and possession.

Game link:

The trailer to the game:

The project’s videos:

2 Likes

Greetings Menelin!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the content creator videos of You.exe! Very entertaining as they are hilarious! :joy: I loved how they reacted when the questions took a seemingly dark turn! LOL! Does the TV head character have a name?

How does your game analyze non-traditional answers to questions? For example, if someone responds with “a little bit”, “not quite”, “abundantly”, “next question”, “somewhat”, “argh!”, “seriously?”, etc. How does the game account for such answers?

1 Like

Thanks for that.

The computer guy doesn’t have a name. The guy who commissioned the game sent me the sprites from another artist.

I used a bit of smoke and mirrors for the AI responses. There are actually 2 versions of the game. One for the public and another for the content creators. The version for content creators listened for scripted answers to specific questions to tell if they’re “lying.” For the public version, certain questions search the answer for an array of substrings to see if they’re answering negatively or not. For example, some questions search for “no” in the answer (and other substrings) even in another word like “I don’t know.” But most of the questions never analyze the answers. You only need to imply proof of intelligence to give the illusion of intelligence. :wink:

1 Like