Xsens MVN with nDisplay

Hello.
I was trying to run xsens mocap by MVN Live Link plugin on nDisplay, but it seems need more settings.
What I’ve made:

1. Set up nDisplay config file, and test it in switchboard. It works;
  2. Set up live link preset which getting input from MVN software, check option “Rebroadcast object” as true;
  3. Added a Live Link Skeletal Animation on my MetaHuman personage and create an animation BP with linked mocap input. It works in the editor.

I also tried to add nDisplay sync components (like sync this, sync tick…)

The similar setup works fine with face mocap from iOS device on the nDisplay, event if node is running not on the same pc.

I will happy to get any advice and help.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Hi there,

Did anyone come up with a fix for this. We are having exactly the same issue. In editor you can stream Xsens onto MH as long as you have play in editor selected on the SKM. If you send to nDisplay or Play In Game the stream won’t connect for some reason.

We have tried using both an ABP and adding a LiveLink component to the SKM itself.

Thanks for any help

Tim

Hello.
Probably is too late… I found that problem is MVN cannot work for two editor instances. So once one UE editor instance catch the MVN input, another one will not be able to get it. You need to add a live link preset with mvn source on exact machine, where it should run. And exclude on all other machines. Then it should be fine. And this machine should run master node. Sounds complicated, but actually it is not.

And second point is in nDisplay configuration file need to setup ReplicateMaster for the Input Sync Policy in the Cluster Details tab.