WTF! Vault empty! I want a refund of everything.

Next time my banks ATM fails, I’ll make sure to claim my compensation from them

Try it again, the launcher is working again just fine for me.

Hope your huge game company didn’t lose so many profits from the 12 hours of downtime.
/s

If their payment infrastructure fails, they absolutely make customers whole!
I’ve seen a bank bungle paycheck deiivery, and they covered any late/bounce charges.

Look, my beef is with EPIC, for ruining a day of my life, not with the creator community.
You’re saying I shouldn’t complain to EPIC because they may in turn complain to creators? That makes no sense to me.

Anyway, day’s over, and the system is back, but my opportunity was lost. :frowning:
If you don’t have the work-family-house-medical-financial stress with a bunch of teenage kids on top, just be happy that an undisturbed day isn’t that rare for you!

Next time, you should read the EULA more carefully. I’m not your lawyer, but I am capable of reading words; even big, fancy legal ones! Let’s read the EULA again together shall we?
(The emphasis here is mine; worth noting that in the original document, the text is entirely in bold.)

Wow! There’s lots of large legal words, but I’m fairly sure it means that they won’t offer compensation if the servers are down. They don’t even seem to promise any form of uptime at all! It also has this to say about refunds, specifically:

What’s that? You read something different somewhere else? Maybe you saw something vague about refunds on the FAQ? Your cousin’s friend says they once got a Marketplace refund from Epic? Tough! Well-written EULAs are a bit like Simon Says. If you read something contradictory elsewhere, it only counts if the EULA says, and what it says is:

It’s clear that any refund they choose to provide is intended as a courtesy, not a requirement. If you actually bothered searching, you’d notice that The FAQ gives steps to ask for a refund. “Complain on the Marketplace forums” is not one of them. A strict refund policy is necessary because the Marketplace lacks any type of DRM. That’s because DRM would be impractical—for some assets, impossible!—to implement. If they give you a refund, there’s nothing physically preventing you from retaining a copy of any asset already downloaded.

So yes, your “beef” might be with Epic; but it’s still the creator community that’s forked.

But let’s ignore the EULA, and pretend that you are entitled to some sort of compensation. What is a fair amount, anyway?

You’ve bought a lifetime license to use assets purchased on the Marketplace. You couldn’t access the Marketplace for around four hours (from time of post to time of developer all-clear response.) Let’s round that up to 24 hours, since you claim the whole day’s opportunity was lost. I don’t know exactly how much you’ve spent, but I don’t care. In this make-believe, fairytale land of ours where everything’s made up and EULAs don’t matter, we can just pretend you spent $38,459.99 on the Marketplace. This is enough money to license every asset on the Marketplace at the current price! Let’s pretend you’ll live only another 40 years, after which both you and your license will expire.

Assuming all of the above were true, then the amount “owed” to you in compensation for one day of downtime comes out to $2.63. Tell you what; PM me your PayPal address and I’ll happily send you that amount, or a calculated amount based on cost of assets licensed versus your life expectancy, whichever is better. It won’t be much, but it’s more than what you’d get from Epic.

(Fun fact: Even in a worst case scenario where you bought a license to every single asset on the Marketplace yesterday just to find out that you’re going to die in a year, a fair compensation for one day of downtime would only amount to $105.30. That’s still negligible compared to a full refund.)