Why when I drop item on the floor with new editor window (PIE) works well and Standalone Game doesn’t work? =/
I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.
- Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
- If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
- Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints/widgets/settings that may be involved with this issue?
I’m going to skip part 1 because it’s already a clean project.
On the step 2,how can I detailed list of steps(it means: Open Standalone Game and try to drop itens on the floor?) ?
On Step 3, i’ll take SS from these issues.
On point 2, make a instructions step by step how to cause (reproduce) the bug. Also what do you mean by “item”? there nothing specifically called “item” in pure UE4
Item = Like Weapon, Armor, Etc. =)
I understand that the project that you are using may be fairly new, however the reason for requesting that you reproduce the issue in clean project is to see if the issue can be reproduced. This also helps eliminate any extraneous steps from the reproduction process.
As far as the detailed list of steps required. To further explain this, I meant that I would like for you to provide a set of steps that I can follow on my end to reproduce this issue using a blank project or other template that is available by default. This will help insure that we are dealing with the same issue. It will also help eliminate any outside factors that may be causing the issue that you are experiencing.
I’m doing the first step right now. I’ll post soon the results. xD
First step didn’t work. The steps to reproduce it:
Titanic Games tutorials: Inventory Sistem, Script Equip UI (to get Remove from Inventory and Refresh Inventory) , Use/Drop Items.
Could you provide a zipped down copy of the project so that I could have a closer look?
Maximum file size exceded =/
One tip that may help reduce file size would be to remove your saved and intermediate files before zipping it down. Alternatively you could try and provide the file via a google drive link or through dropbox. I hope that this helps.
After looking through you blueprints, I found that this is working as intended. It appears that you are using an arrow component to determine where the spawn the item before it drops. Arrow components are meant to be used in the Editor only. This means that it will not be used in stand alone. I have provided an example of a workaround that may be viable below. I hope that this information helps.
Make it a great day
I’m so stupid, I didn’t see (editor only) and didn’t know it… I’m sorry to spend your time with this. And thanks to answer and resolve it. Now I learned something new. =)