Wrong colors in composure output

Hi all,
when i try to output a composure to a Render Target or a DeckLink output the colors of the output are completely wrong.

Here the output image:

and here the comp preview in the viewport:

why am i experimenting this issue even if i have no color correction in my workflow?

thanks to all!
Luca

1 Like

have you solved this problem?

I had to convert Linear color space in sRGB color space in the composure material.

well then I guess we are having different problems then… linear to srgb conversion (or the other way around) gets mine closer but they are still different.

is there any way you can explain more in depth to how you resolved this? I’m having a similar issue, where exactly in the the composure comp did you covert the color space. are you doing the conversion in the Finalcomp ? do you mean in the material blueprint in the final comp?)

We had the same issue. As it seems, Unreal works internally with linear color space. If you export that without conversion, the colors are broken.

We have 2 Composure pipelines. One for Video from SDI to SDI and another from File to File.

Video: Here we stream in Camera, Background and Mask via SDI and output it to SDI.
To fix the output color, we used OCIO Color Management with OpenColorIO | Unreal Engine Documentation
with the following configuration:

Photo: We load Photo, Background and Mask from .jpg files using the C++ image wrapper module and use a Composure output to render it to a RenderTarget. The color in the RenderTarget displays fine, but exporting it to disk broke it. I was able to fix it by changing the format of the output RenderTarget to “RTF RGBA8 SRGB”

339936-srgb.png

For the export of the RenderTarget to disk we use the Blueprint node ExportToDisk Export to Disk | Unreal Engine Documentation

Im having the same issues as this but trying this io color is turning it whiter.

please help, this is looking at the virtual camera through composure it looks washed out.