Wrist twist issue in rifle pose?

my characters wrist looks to be twisted full circle when holdong rifle? i am told it is a skinnung problem. it looks ugly, ive had this same issue with different assets from market place but the first time i didn’t realise it was an issue. there has to be a fix to this. i would have thought this was a common issue.

Hi,

Go to Persona>>Skeleton Tree>>Options>>Show Retargeting Options.

Try adjusting the Traslation Retargeting of joints to something other than animation.

You may just need to adjust the wrist joint.

Your options are Animation, Skeleton, Animation Scaled, Animation Relative, Orient and Scale.

Hope it helps.

Hi Thanks for your answer,

I have tried what you said but to no avail.

When i mess with the bone rotation on skeleton and this mesh applied i can now see that it is a skinning issue.

However i would still like to know if this is something i can fix? Can it be done in Unreal editor or do i have to export to another program etc?

I don’t know if there’s something in the editor that could help with a skinning issue.
You’re best to export your character into one of the dcc apps to assess the problem.
It could be a local rotation axis issue. Good luck

If i manually rotate the hand back around and then rotate from the lower arm it looks much better but im not sure how i can make that permanent for that specific animation.

if anyone has some other information on fixing this it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like