Would love for some cpu thoughts. . .

Got a bit of money to put towards a desktop to be used in conjunction with ur5. Would like to build to stay ahead for a while (until zen 5 throuws a curve ball). I will be pairing with a Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090. 95 degreess C aside, I wanted to know everyones thoughts on 5975 vs 5995 vs 7950. Thanks to all ahead of time. TC

1 Like

If you get 4080 or 4090 remember to get new type PSU with those data pins. Make sure its 1000 (or more W) and reputable brand. And good purchase for winter, you do not need heater in that room anymore.

2 Likes

Lol. Especially if I get the 7950x. 95 C is crazy. Thanks for the reply. TC

1 Like

5975 vs 5995 vs 7950

The diminishing price ↔ performance returns on Threadripper are terrible, imho. The 7950x seems beastly and you could build 2 entire rigs for the price of a single top tier CPU.

Meanwhile, waiting for Intel to drop the 34c Raptor Lake so I can add it to the list of things I can’t afford.

1 Like

Lol. Thanks for the post.

are there any resources for this im trying to put together a bit of a thing to get a team some 8K systems, i dont see how the CPU really matters at all for unreal engine development

i mean i have an 18 core upgrade option right now that might have gone down in price

but are there any papers sites discussions anything about that many cores?
for unreal specifically

plasticMAYHEM
CEO PLASTIC-INC LLC DBA – INCUBATOR