Worst program ever?!

Ok, let me get it straight… I have to get a 32Mb installer to install a 92Mb installer that if it manages to get get through the installation process without crashing, will then fail to do all its supposed to do and crash my internet connection as well! Congrats! Should I be sticking to Unity? I downloaded UE 2 times just to have it tell me it cant install. Its a real shame to ruin a perfectly good engine by its launcher.

The app also drops dead arbitrarily. Just while idling in the background.

Laucher is there so you can manage multiple engines installations as well provide access to market place. You need to give some more info about crash to help you with that

If launcher does not work then you can always build UE4 from source, it does not require launcher but you won’t have access to marketplace without laucher

Solution 1: If your computer doesn’t like the Launcher use github instead. It’s simple as that.

Solution 2: Post more info so we could help

Solution 3: Keep trying till it manages to install correctly

My setup is vanilla win 7. It usually tells me that the installation failed by giving me a message “install failed” code 0. Then if I click resume the same error occurs. Meanwhile all apps that are connected have dropped the connection. Even a google search is too slow to function. If I close the launcher everything returns to normal. Sometimes (rarely) it will start to download, but after a few Mb, the program crashes asking me to send an error report. I have installed many programs in my life, on all kinds of systems. This has been an effort of 4 days to install the engine, by far the most difficult installation I ever had to face.

I’m afraid I can’t help with that. Mine installation was smooth. Maybe try creating new user and install it from there. I guess you tried downloading the the installer again if by any chance it downloaded wrong somehow.
If this doesn’t work out, you’re left with github. Link is in the answer.

Hi PrismFORCE,

I’m sorry that you are having an issue with the Epic Games Launcher. In order for us to offer the best support, we have recently modified the process for how Epic Games can help troubleshoot your Launcher issue. Please visit http://help.epicgames.com/ for technical support, here you can find information and solutions for common issues, as well as a contact form if you still need additional assistance. Thanks!