WorldPartition: Some object remain forever unloaded and you cant do nothing with them

After some level closing/opening/changing/unloading/loading it happens so some object remain unloaded. And even after loading all cells and all data layers those remain unloaded. So they kind of stuck in unloaded state.

Any way to fix this?

It started happening to me now with 5.1
For me it unload itself just when I run and stop app.

A workaround that I found. On the World Settings tab check Enable Streaming and then turn it off again. At least in my case because I’m not using streaming in my project.

2 Likes

This happened to me too(UE 5.1) after moving some data around in data layers, editor crashed and now the all world is stuck in unloaded state. Clicking in world partition to load region, but nothing loads. No assets visible in World Partition overview either(usually they were).

Ty to enable and disable streaming on the Wolrd Settings tab.

If the item is part of a DataLayer check if that DL is visible. If the item remains grayedout click this icon of the root folder it is assigned to.

worldpartitionactorsnotshowing

For items in the root right click it and select “Pin” to make it visible.

1 Like

Searching this issue online so far couldnt find too much about. Its really makes no sense of the actors, meshes and other stuff created suddenly become invisible and we all trying to figure out whats happening. Rather than streaming tick on and off or pinning unloaded, is there any permanent solution someone could found?

Best would be if Epic will fix it, it was not happening in 5.0.3 :frowning:

Yeah this is definitely a new bug in 5.1, very annoying. Any Epic response?

this works for me, thanks

Just deleted exact unloaded actor from Content/ExternalActors/… not a fancy way to workaround but at least it works…

That’s what I did…But I’m very uneasy…

I faced this problem today in 2024, and the solution you suggested worked. Thank you!