WorldDataLayers 'WorldDataLayers' has same GUID as 'WorldDataLayers' (Duplicate and replace the orig with the new one)

HI, has anyone encountered the below error message? I cant seem to find any help online on how to solve this.
Thanks!:

WorldDataLayers ‘WorldDataLayers’ has same GUID as ‘WorldDataLayers’ (Duplicate and replace the orig with the new one)

2 Likes

Im dying to know an answer to this to! Did you ever figure anything out @reignmullins ?

Ok so i just figured a workaround. Not sure if its ‘good’ or not. Ill explain my route of thinking, but skip to the last bit of writing if you want to skip my train of thought to what actually worked haha…

I understand that the GUID is a unique identification. But i was unable to find the WorldDataLayers actor within my content draw. I could see the file path in the message log but when following it i couldn’t see it in the draw or explorer. So i right clicked the WorldDataLayers actor in the outliner and it allowed me to find the actors location in explorer (A long ID number within the External Actors folder. I did technically find a .uasset duplicate in the _ExternalActors folder within explorer. The dupes where in separate folders though related to different levels (I copied the project as a backup but then eventually deleted levels i didn’t need anymore probably causing this issue overall). This projects _ExternalAssets folder had the original and backup projects data present. But i attempted to follow the message logs guidelines (duplicate and replace) + deleting the external actor duplicate (.uasset). But I’m not sure if this is the actual ‘GUID’ for the files as this didn’t work at all. I clearly don’t understand it properly.

In the end… I converted the instance of the WorldDataLayers actor into a Blueprint at the top of the details panel and this cleared the error for me. And im assuming gave more control over it. But I don’t really understand the issue still.

1 Like

I have the same problem, mainly when I migrate maps from one project to another.
I haven’t found a way to find out where the duplicate is.
I guess it’s because UE creates the same GUID by default when you create a first landscape (with world composition) and, therefore, when imported into another project where a landscape was also created, there is some kind of conflict

I’ve just found a workaround:

• Close the editor (if not, the file will be locked)
  • Open the file manager in the path of the asset.
  • Rename the asset by slightly changing its “GUID” styled file name (in my case, I renamed “CEJFL8KP8OUB3MRAQRPXK1.uasset” to “CEJFL8KP8OUB3MRAQRPXK2.uasset”)
  • re-open the editor, and the warning does not longer appear in “map check”
1 Like

Here is a 100% clear solution!

Click on the asset ‘WorldDataLayers’ and then convert it into a blueprint.

1 Like

Hi, I get these errors/warnings too with migrated projects. I followed your suggestion but of course it does not allow me to convert it to BP, actually I try, select the type actor, but it gives me the error:cannot convert actor to BluePrint. Any ideas? thanks

Ok, so the workaround I found up to now has been resaving the level with another name, and warnings disappear…

1 Like

Just had this problem popup again. Thanks for the solution!

This Works Every time! Until you rebuild the levels.