World Streaming (Enabled) not Working

World Streaming dose not work in a project, we tried every possible way to reset it but in this particular project with 300k - 400k memory simply dose not work.

The project is separated in chunks so that memory is always below the limit but instead of using the world partition this project in particular is loading everything all the time.

Creating brand new projects with same settings just works but this project is bugged or something. The worst part is that we can’t migrate the project either because it crashes within minutes of starting the migration, and the Crash dose not show any report.

Is the only thing stopping our team to publish a 1/2 months of work. Someone can tell us what may be happening?

2 Likes

Thats not good,

See if you can do a Build Landscape from the Build menu,
ignore all the yellow warnings, there’ll be a lot, use the show button to unselect Performance warnings and warnings, see if there are any Red errors there, clicking on one will take you to the object.

Okey I test the Build Landscape and there where 10 red errors, after I solved that it is still the same, the World Partitions seem to not work correctly when doing the memory calculation.

The new thing discovered is that the assets when you go far are not loaded but the memory calculation to validate the version is counting them as loaded.

Do your assets have the Is Spacially Loaded ticked on them ?
Is it your ingame view distance thats not loading them ?

Yes they have all the Spacially Loaded.
In game and in edit mode the partition seem to work and the far away objects do not load and the close one do.

But when we try to do a memory calculation just dose not care of what settings are in the map just gets almost all the objects. The problem seems to happen only with the Memory Calculation system, and there is no way to go public.

Yeah, sounds like a bug in the works, need some Epic help.

Yep, well we will try to migrate in pieces the map to anther project, seems like the crash is caused for specific assets so maybe is the way to solve it, very time consuming but at least we can try.

Thanks for all anyways.

No worries I hope it works out.

You probably know this already but you can Copy items from Outliner load up another project and Paste them in there, copy all your props elsewhere and then migrate all your devices and landscape, then copy them back into your new one.

I did know between levels you could but not between projects, it generated some problems in the past. I’ll try again, thanks.

It worked first time with this method thanks so much again, you saved me like 2 days o tedious work.

1 Like

Thats great news, better than I hoped for