World Partition Minimap Not Generating

Hi all - what’s the secret to getting the UE5 World Partition Minimap to actually generate something other than a blank minimap texture? I’ve tried every possible thing I can think of, all I get is blank.

I’ve enabled virtual textures like the UE docs state. I’ve created new levels, imported the landscape heightmap, saved, applied a base landscape texture, saved, generated a minimap, blank. It shows blank regardless if cells are loaded or not.

The furthest I got was creating a new “Open World” level, deleting the default landscape, imported my own, applied the same M_ProcGrid material instance to the proxies… saved everything and generated the minimap… all I got was a flat grid texture with no height variation.

So, again I ask, what is the secret to getting the World Partition Minimap to generate as it seems to for everyone else? I see many YouTube videos where it “just works” for folks. I feel like I’m missing something obvious…

3 Likes

Bump and +1, I’ve used the blank ‘Empty Open World’ Template to create a new World Partition level and the minimap refuses to show. I have the ‘actor’ in my world outliner but its not automatically hooked up to any texture

I know Virtual textures are necessary for the baking of the mini map however i have done so and it didn’t bake. it just makes a black map.