World Partition Minimap Just Black

I’m trying to build a Minimap with World Partition. It has succeeded in the editor and also with the Command Prompt way of doing it, but visually I see nothing, just black. Virtual Textures are enabled in my Project Settings. What could be going wrong?

Is there a lightsource in the project?

The minimap is nothing but a render from up high.

Complete of distortion and potentially lacking of shadows since its in orthogonal view.
(That’s a good question actually, I seem to recall the minimap being shaded, but since orthogonal renders cannot have shadows, I guess the system isn’t even using orthogonal view and thus has even more distortion for large scapes…)

1 Like

Yes, the light source is a Directional Light, Sky Atmosphere and Sky Light from the Ultra Dynamic Sky plugin. I tried disabling that plugin and I have the same issue as well.

Could be the system is bugged or that something is in between the landscape and the light at the distance the camera is at to make the map render happen.

Or it could be the render distance - if using meshes and such, sometimes even landscapes if you customize them to load differently than default (they ignore Z hegiht by default).

If neither is the case, it could be an engine bug. Try and create a new level/system to see if it works with just a light and a landscape.

Thank you. I will try these different options and report back.

I had the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Not yet…