World partition load level not working in packaged game

I have a level that i converted to world partition. When i use my main menu button to load the level it works fine in the editor. But once i package the game, it wont load anymore. If i switch the name in the load level node back to the previous level it works again in a packaged build.

Am i missing some steps to make a world partitioned level load with the load level node, or do i need to do something different?

1 Like

Any update on this? I’m in 5.3 and having same issue.

1 Like

i have same issue, i can’t found any answer. it work in editor mode , but packaged game is not working, I’m sure I’ve added stream source components to the character or enable stream source in default playercontrler

1 Like

I found the solution, You’ll need to manually go into Edit->Project Settings->Packaging and add the maps to the List of maps to include in a packaged build section

Did you ever find a solution to this? I’m on 5.3.2 and not seeing my world partitions load in a packaged game once loading to the level from the main menu. Parchk’s solution did not work as the level was already being including in the packaging.

1 Like

I’m having similar issue in 5.3.2… Though, the level is kinda loading, but not the partition parts of where the player pawn starts… As can be seen in screenshot below… What might be wrong? It’s working in editor, PIE and also standalone… Only in package it does not load the partition part where we spawn, but I see parts of landscape far away…

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue.

1 Like

I packaged with shipping, instead of development build. And it’s working fine in this package.

Still odd, since further testing showed me that in the dev packaged build: my World Partition Streaming Source, seems to function inverted… i.e.: when I drive to the distant landscape seen in the image, it disappeared when I get within the specified range.

1 Like

Hello there!
I’m having the same issue, both in Shipping and Development mode.

This is my current config

I tried different combinations in the config and I was able to make it work with this:

However, not sure if it’s related, sometimes the loaded landscape is not colliding with the player…

1 Like

I can confirm @rhomita’s suggestion works.

Still have this issue. Running Unreal 5.3.1, Linux

But @rhomita’s suggestion did fix it.

Edit: Partially fixed it. Like once in 10 times it’ll do it and I’ll have to restart the game. Bit poor but its a work around for now!

Sorry everyone, wasn’t checking my notifications. I ended up having to change to the load level node to to use the load level by object reference I believe. I initially was trying to use load level by name and that wasn’t working.