World Partition: Foliage Painting Crash (DataLayer) UE5.1

Crash with editor when trying to paint foliage. All foliage was assigned to a DataLayer (Editor), and is spatially loaded enabled on all landscape instances. The scene also included Procedural Foliage Spawner.

Assertion failed: !IsValidChecked(ExistingActor) [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ActorPartition\ActorPartitionSubsystem.cpp] [Line: 280]

Tried without success:
Make DataLayer visible
Make all Landscape instances visible
Disabled Is Spatially Loaded on all Landscape instances.
Removing all ProceduralFoliageSpawner

The Solution for me was to delete the DataLayer containging the foliage.

Related

The Solution for me was to delete the DataLayer containging the foliage.

2 Likes

I have the same problem but I don’t use Data Layers nor Procedural foliage spawners. I just can’t paint foliage on some sections of the landscape with having the same crash + text error, while painting foliage on other sections of the landscape is ok.

i solved with Build → Build all levels

We had a similar issue (ie, same bug but no data layers). In our case the source of the problem was that a StaticMesh asset was being referenced by a foliage actor, but the StaticMesh had been moved in the directory and the foliage instances in the map were confused. The easiest fix (which I was able to replicate a couple times) was to select all the foliage Instances in the outliner and select Save Selected Actors. That fixed it in our particular case!

1 Like